Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello from Virginia! We bought our first Bolt last June and just bought another this past weekend. We love our Bolts and now have gone electric for 95% of our driving. We still have a few vehicles that run on old dinosaurs but now they will spend the majority of their time sitting in the driveway until they are needed for something like a snowy day (Jeep), a trip to Florida (Mazda 3) or a fun Sunday with the top down (Miata). I have taken the Bolt on a 500 mile round trip to PA and back and had no issues with finding charging when needed. Looking forward to having some good discussions about these awesome cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Are they both LT, both Premier, or one of each? I love my Premier and am glad for every additional capability. I have DCFC and have Level 3 charged 8 or 9 times. I am planning a 425 mile trip (850 round trip) for mid March, hoping the weather warms enough to make the 170 mile legs anxiety-free. Share both your experiences and questions and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Whereabouts in VA? I mostly drive in the Sterling - Winchester - Hagerstown triangle and I haven't seen a Bolt in the wild for a long time. Three Teslas and one Leaf today on the way from Winchester to Ashburn and back.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Just wanted to say hello from Virginia! We bought our first Bolt last June and just bought another this past weekend. We love our Bolts and now have gone electric for 95% of our driving. We still have a few vehicles that run on old dinosaurs but now they will spend the majority of their time sitting in the driveway until they are needed for something like a snowy day (Jeep), a trip to Florida (Mazda 3) or a fun Sunday with the top down (Miata). I have taken the Bolt on a 500 mile round trip to PA and back and had no issues with finding charging when needed. Looking forward to having some good discussions about these awesome cars.
Niiiice.

Are they both LT, both Premier, or one of each? I love my Premier and am glad for every additional capability. I have DCFC and have Level 3 charged 8 or 9 times. I am planning a 425 mile trip (850 round trip) for mid March, hoping the weather warms enough to make the 170 mile legs anxiety-free. Share both your experiences and questions and welcome aboard!
From scoobybri's pic, you can see that both Bolts lack roof rack rails. I think they're both LTs as I thought roof rails automatically are standard on the Premier trim and AFAIK, you can't remove them during order.

Reactions: surgeonFWW

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both Bolts are fully loaded LTs. My wife and I are not fans of leather in cars so we got all of the options we could while avoiding leather seats. I think it comes from years of living in Las Vegas where super hot leather burns bare skin and leather ends up cracking after 5 years due the 115F days in the summer and the intense sun. I know that we don't live their anymore but I would still rather have breathable cloth than leather. We would have bought the other options if they would have been available without having to buy a Premier.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Whereabouts in VA? I mostly drive in the Sterling - Winchester - Hagerstown triangle and I haven't seen a Bolt in the wild for a long time. Three Teslas and one Leaf today on the way from Winchester to Ashburn and back.
We are down in Richmond. I know of one other Bolt owner here in town but I've never seen any other Bolts on the road. When we bought the second Bolt, I asked our sales person about Bolt sales at his dealership and he said that he personally has sold 6 of them (two were ours) and that they have sold a few others at the dealership. I haven't seen them on the road but I assume that they are out there somewhere in Richmond.:D

About 6 months ago, I went to a grand opening of a big charging station event here in Richmond (8 level 2 chargers) where EV drivers were encouraged to come. Our of 15 or so cars, I was the only Bolt there. Lots of Leafs and Teslas and even an EV motorcycle.

Reactions: Torontonian69

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome! Two bolts here as well, looks like the same color schemes as well. Bought an Orange Premier in December thinking it would be mine but my wife drove it and wanted to get rid of her civic. Since what I originally wanted was the Blue (but was unavailable at the time) a couple of weeks later bought the Blue Premier for myself. First car purchases in 12 years. Maybe a risk going with the same new model car but the heart wants what it wants, couldn't be happier. Except on Tuesdays when I drive my 02 Explorer (which I used to love so much) to work as it is street parked and that is street cleaning day (plus I don't want it to sit there without use too long at a time). Only keeping that for longer trips but with 222k miles on it I may just decide to get rid of and rent a car on the odd chance that I have a very long trip to take.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I may just decide to get rid of and rent a car on the odd chance that I have a very long trip to take.
FWIW, I've decided that's the most cost-effective plan.

Now, if GM would just give those of us up here in the frozen ass-end of nowhere an all-wheel-drive model, we'd be a two-Bolt family as well.

jack vines

·
Registered
195 Posts
We are down in Richmond.
;)Hi and congratulations on your two Bolts. I live in Chester and have had my Bolt since July 4th. Leased from Rich Hendrick Chevrolet in Richmond. Which dealer for you? Two Bolts and five cars total. My wife and I had six cars several years ago with two of the same make and model. Six was too many, and two of the same model was a unnecessary duplication. I love EVs, and hinted to my wife, but no luck and not worth rocking the boat. We're down to three vehicles which is perfect for us and my Bolt is my daily driver. I don't get to Richmond much, but if you see a Cajun Red Bolt with license tag DAZ, that's me. I've only seen one other Bolt on the road and that's my friend from Waynesboro that I helped persuade getting a Bolt. Hope to see ya.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in south Chesterfield (by Pocahontas State Park) so we may cross paths sometime. As you can see in the pic, we have Orange Burst and Kinetic Blue. The other Bolt owner I know here in Richmond (who also lives in Chesterfield) has the Kinetic Blue as well. Our Bolts were purchased from Heritage Chevy in Chester. Very happy with the dealership before, during, and after sale. They had a Cajun Red in stock that they would have given to me for a few hundred less than what I paid for mine, but it was worth the extra money to get the color I really wanted. In both cases, Heritage had to get the Bolts in the colors we wanted, equipped to our specs from other dealers. One came from northern VA while the other came from Baltimore.

Part of the deal that I made with my wife when getting a second Bolt is that I have to let go of one of my Miatas. I can't justify keeping 6 cars on the road for 2 drivers. Every vehicle has a specific purpose that can't be replicated by the others with the exception of the pair of Miatas, so the older of the two has to go. -sniffle- Oh well. The time has come to move on the newer and better technology.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Here is a GREAT marketing plan for Enterprise, the “green” rental car company. (Or any other that jumps on the band wagon.). Put a 40 ampere Level 2 EVSE at each rental outlet. Rent a nice, comparable ICE car to the EV owner once or twice a year for those long trips. Reservations can be made far in advance. You can “pre-register” all your contact, licensing, and insurance information, making the transition quick and easy. They charge your EV while you are at the beach for a week. They give us a “reasonable” break on rental cost (while still making a profit). What a great public relations move! The added publicity via PlugShare and places like this Forum would cost “infinitely” less than their TV ads do nowadays. Making it easier to own an EV helps the rEVolution while cornering the market of the exponentially increasing EV ownership. {Could Forum members get a “group rate” like AARP?}

·
Registered
676 Posts
That is a heck of a smart move by Enterprise... knowing that 95% of driving is local but many will hold off buying electric for the 5% of the time when EV won't do.... this solves that issue completely. YAY!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I live in south Chesterfield (by Pocahontas State Park) so we may cross paths sometime. As you can see in the pic, we have Orange Burst and Kinetic Blue. The other Bolt owner I know here in Richmond (who also lives in Chesterfield) has the Kinetic Blue as well. Our Bolts were purchased from Heritage Chevy in Chester. Very happy with the dealership before, during, and after sale. They had a Cajun Red in stock that they would have given to me for a few hundred less than what I paid for mine, but it was worth the extra money to get the color I really wanted. In both cases, Heritage had to get the Bolts in the colors we wanted, equipped to our specs from other dealers. One came from northern VA while the other came from Baltimore.
:)Interesting, I'm sure we'll pass each other soon. I live four miles from Heritage Chevrolet. I dealt with them for several months waiting for better pricing. On July 4th, I was ready to deal. Limited selection, no negotiating, asked about ordering and dealer trade. Everything was negative. Drove to Richmond, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, able to pick color, options, high VIN, new with no demos. Asked for a discount, got it and was able to negotiate lower. Perfect Bolt and experience, please take my money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two Bolts here as well. Mine, purchased January 2018, is a Kinetic Blue Premier. Husband's, purchased last weekend, is a Cajun Red LT.

Dallas/Fort Worth area.

We love these cars. We have solar power, combined with free nights from 8pm to 5am with our local power company TXU. So we juice them up during this timeframe.

Husband's car went back to the dealership to have a false cargo floor installed today. Ordered with the car, but the part wasn't in at the time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:)Interesting, I'm sure we'll pass each other soon. I live four miles from Heritage Chevrolet. I dealt with them for several months waiting for better pricing. On July 4th, I was ready to deal. Limited selection, no negotiating, asked about ordering and dealer trade. Everything was negative. Drove to Richmond, Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, able to pick color, options, high VIN, new with no demos. Asked for a discount, got it and was able to negotiate lower. Perfect Bolt and experience, please take my money.
My experience was the polar opposite. Heritage was very easy to negotiate with and they got us the exact options and colors we wanted at a good price. Both cars had to be delivered from out of state and we took delivery in a day or two of price agreement. No pressure to buy off of the lot and multiple price drops during negotiating. Totally laid back experience with salesperson, Paul Cyr. Negotiations were done via internet or phone and we were in and out during the actual purchase in less than 1.5 hours. On the other hand, I gave Rick Hendricks a chance to earn my business on the first Bolt but they gave me an attitude when I came back to them with a lower out the door price from Heritage, literally accusing me of negotiating in bad faith simply because I asked them if they could beat Heritage's price. (Which they didn't...they were about $500 more out the door) They also jerked my sister in law around during a new truck purchase a year before that so I didn't have high hopes for them.

Maybe there is a difference in the way each dealer approaches leases versus purchases. From our experiences, it doesn't sound like Heritage likes leases and Rick Hendrick doesn't like sales. :)

All that matters is that we have our Bolts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts