Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just wanted to drop a few lines and say hello. I am really interested in going the EV route for my next vehicle.
Although I'm not a big fan of "Chevy", I am impressed on their direction with regards to EV.
Looking to get more info here to figure out if the Bolt will fill my need as my next car.:)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
OK, let us know when you got your Bolt :)

Now that we know that the Model 3's $35K version is borderline vaporware, and that there ain't no such thing as a 200-mi Ioniq or Leaf or i3 in 2018 ...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Although I'm not a big fan of "Chevy", I am impressed on their direction with regards to EV.
Looking to get more info here to figure out if the Bolt will fill my need as my next car.:)
My "next car" was certainly going to be an EV or at least plug-in hybrid.
I too was not a big fan of Chevy prior to looking into the Bolt and Volt cars. I think my primary data point was past experience with rental cars.
But several things turned my attention, and continued to keep it.
1) Chevy was committed to the EV market, first with the Volt, and then beat others to a real, practical everyday Bolt.
2) The Bolt is impressively powerful and practical. It is no econo-box.
3) The Bolt also has some really good modern features (or at least to us, with prior cars over 10 years old).

My wife and I wound up buying both a Bolt and Volt. We could not be happier. I have been continuously pleasantly surprised by my Bolt.
Positives:
Great mix between efficiency and power, very sporty and fun to drive
Great sight lines (sit a bit higher, and lots of widows with few obstructions)
Very practical for transporting all sorts of things (came from Lexus RX SUV)
Love the "one pedal" driving (in L mode, pulling off the accelerator engages regenerative braking)
Negatives:
Can give a rough ride on a rough road
Horn cannot give a little beep
Seriously, that is the end of my negatives list.

Good luck with your decision, and let us know when you buy your Bolt!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife and I wound up buying both a Bolt and Volt. We could not be happier. I have been continuously pleasantly surprised by my Bolt.
Positives:
Great mix between efficiency and power, very sporty and fun to drive
Great sight lines (sit a bit higher, and lots of widows with few obstructions)
Very practical for transporting all sorts of things (came from Lexus RX SUV)
Love the "one pedal" driving (in L mode, pulling off the accelerator engages regenerative braking)
Negatives:
Can give a rough ride on a rough road
Horn cannot give a little beep
Seriously, that is the end of my negatives list.

Good luck with your decision, and let us know when you buy your Bolt!
Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts