Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bolt Folks!

I'm new to the forum and I already lost my first post, grr... :(
I just purchased a 2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premier last week with the Nightfall Grey Metallic color. So far, I'm digging it! It is my first electric vehicle and there is a lot for me to learn! I'm not really a car guy, but was drawn to the Bolt because of the technology. Yeah, I'm a geek. I am in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area and the Bolt will be my commuter / grocery getter. I look forward to learning more and discussing with you the fine and not so fine qualities of this vehicle!

miked1541

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats on the new Bolt! You're living in the land of abundant chargers if I'm not mistaken. Perfect for an EV like the Bolt. What were you driving before?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new Bolt! You're living in the land of abundant chargers if I'm not mistaken. Perfect for an EV like the Bolt. What were you driving before?
Thanks, Bazinga! Yes, you are correct! Abundant chargers here. I still have yet to learn more about the chargers/parking since I am new and have not used the spaces yet. My Bolt came with a charge card, but I have not used it yet. What is the proper etiquette with these? Should you park your car elsewhere when you're done filling up or can you leave it there until you leave? Can you still park there if you are not filling up? I've seen people just put the nozzle in their car and leave. What has been your experiences.

My previous car was a '98 Honda Accord. I was hoping for at least another 5 years, but it was totaled last year. Fortunately, nobody was hurt. Insurance money went towards the Bolt. I converted the driver and passenger seats to gaming chairs for here at home. They are quite comfortable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. First question, how do the seats fit and are you comfortable?
Thanks, Electro! Seats are narrower than my previous seats, which I'm still getting used to, but once I'm seated, I'm good. I usually have my phone clipped to my belt and my keys on my belt loop, which sometimes catch when I sit down. I'll have to work on my entry or do something else with my phone and keys. I don't want them to mess up the seats.

So far, comfort is fine with the seats, but I probably need to drive it more to get a better assessment. I have only been commuting with the Bolt and have not driven for more than 90 minutes at a time.

miked1541

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
My Bolt came with a charge card, but I have not used it yet. What is the proper etiquette with these? Should you park your car elsewhere when you're done filling up or can you leave it there until you leave? Can you still park there if you are not filling up?
Imagine you have arrived at the charger and need to use it before you can continue on your journey. Would you be happy if any car, even an EV, were hogging the space and not actually charging?

The "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" rule applies here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imagine you have arrived at the charger and need to use it before you can continue on your journey. Would you be happy if any car, even an EV, were hogging the space and not actually charging?

The "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" rule applies here.
Agreed. Unfortunately, at times, Los Angeles can be a selfish environment of low trust and this thinking is the exception, rather than the rule. I am still appalled that people here pat themselves on the back for using their turn signals, thinking that they are being a nice person. Turn signals are not supposed to be optional...well, at least where I am from. </self-righteous LA rant>

Thank you, Sean, for reminding me to take the higher road instead of doing as the Romans do.

miked1541

1 - 7 of 7 Posts