Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-
I had the "recall" done on my 2018 Bolt EV, you know the one when they said your battery could get charged too much and catch fire. Now it seems that I don't have "priority charging" any more.

This is the feature which charges the battery up to 40% right away, even if the schedule says to charge it later. I like this feature. Has anyone else had the "recall" done and noticed this?
Thanks,
-Scott

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am using time of day (entering the time when you want the charge to be complete). I don't see a priority charging option. Also, yesterday the charge was below 40% and was not charging (as it should with priority charging). I'll take another look this evening when my wife brings the car home.

Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
Thanks for the reply. I am using time of day (entering the time when you want the charge to be complete). I don't see a priority charging option. Also, yesterday the charge was below 40% and was not charging (as it should with priority charging). I'll take another look this evening when my wife brings the car home.
It's been a while since I had mine set up but I think I also had to reset my home location after the update in order to get the option back. It's definitely available on mine, I just checked.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, thank you very much for the reply and the photo. Priority is still there, after all. I was looking for it on the energy settings screen. The update must have changed it to "off," and then I couldn't find it.

Registered
Gm says the recall - reprogram to 90%, is voluntary, but I had mine done at a dealer because I was there for another reason. I regret that choice now. I had to drive home with no heat in -10c last night, reached home with 15Km left (Tailgated a couple of big trucks). Does anyone know if I can go back to the firmware version before the recall?

Can I do it myself?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.