Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! The ham radio part near the four minute mark was crazy, but so was the rest of this video. Somehow this makes me feel better about myself. 馃槀

Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a friend that would do CW while driving, had a bug strapped to his leg. I've never been that hard core, and likely couldn't carry on a CW conversation today if my life depended on it. The radio install looks great, but did you really roof mount an antenna? I can't fathom drilling a hole in my roof. There's plenty of good mounts that don't require a hole. I recognize it's the best place for it, but I just can't do it. :D

KA7IZA
I had a similar friend, his code speed was over seventy words per minute. He told me that at that speed, you don鈥檛 hear individual letters, you hear words. Crazy. My speed was upwards of twenty wpm, enough to pass the Extra Class exam, and that was it. Don鈥榯 use it much.
Yes, I drilled a hole. My last vehicle, I used a different mount, and it wasn鈥檛 the same. I鈥檝e used glass mounts, trunk mounts鈥攑retty much everything, and nothing is as efficient as this. If the highway patrol can do it, so can I! 馃槀

1 - 3 of 3 Posts