Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there is even ONE other person in these forums that is entirely happy with their Bolt purchase, regardless of recalls, range limitations, squeaks, groans, noises, smells, uncomfortable pieces / parts, etc...
Or is everybody else just here to *****, whine, moan, complain, etc. because they're having some sort of 'buyers remorse' because they thought they were buying one thing, but ended up buying something else, because that particular person didn't do any research, and so on and so on.

I, for one, am completely happy, 112teen percent happy, with my purchase...and purchase...not took possession of something a bank still owns but purchase, of my 2021 Bolt LT....complete with all it's limitations (which I researched and knew about), recalls (which I somewhat expected and as there is a resolution on the way, I'm satisfied), squeaks/groans/noises (haven't been thru a full-on winter yet but I've had newer cars that make noises in the cold cold), smells (new car duh), uncomfortable parts (research indicated the seats weren't the greatest, but I'm not spending hours and hours continuously in them either).

Get over it.

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Bolt LT
52 Posts
I don’t know when I’ll be able to go back to using the full battery and I won’t be able to drive it this winter. In the end I will come out ahead financially too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
My impression is that almost everyone on this forum is happy with the Bolt (me included). The ones that are unhappy are not unhappy because of the Bolt but because of GM's handling of the recall. Those with older Bolts have been affected by the same issue for about a year now! So imagine those poor owners stuck with driving limitations for most of a year now...

Sure, driving "limitations" may not affect some of us here. But there are some long distance commuters here. And some even without L2 charging capability at home or work! So I really do feel for these people when they complain... especially the ones doing a buyback in the middle of a bonkers car market.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm very happy. I made a bit of a gamble buying used with the original 95% limit temporary software, and I'm (eventually) getting the best possible outcome, a Bolt with a brand new pack for ~$15k out the door. I love the hatchback practicality too, coming from a compact sedan.

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
I'm not sure anybody participating here could possibly say they're "entirely happy". Others out in the wilds might be if they're just not aware of things going on.

The recall hangs over it all. Range limitations are not enforced but if you know what's going on you would be aware that you're living a little closer to the edge. I can live with the rest as just normal car ownership.

I have no buyers remorse. I love the car. I love not buying gas all the time. It's a little rocket. I love the way it takes off and can pass effortlessly.

But that recall. I'm parked in a heated (in the colder weather) concrete parkade in a concrete condo tower. I don't charge at home. I travel to family 4 hours driving time away on occasion. I will do normal DCFC charging once or twice (x2) on those trips and go up to maybe 80% and down to 15-20% maybe lower. Other than that I'm fine to keep the green between the upper dash and the lower dash (75-25) for around town.

So like NortonCommando...I'll be delighted with a new, slightly extended range battery come the day. Then we'll all be waiting a little on the edge of our seats to see if any fires happen after that. As the years go buy we'll be able to relax some on that front.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I turned my 2019 Premier in yesterday. I drove the Bolt for 3 years and did not have any problems or issues, other than the battery recall. The dealer's service rep handling the paperwork said I was the 5th repurchase he processed this week. Not one had any negative comments to say about the car except for the battery issue. For me the biggest problem was keeping the car outside in the hot Arizona sun and not being able to charge at night with the lower electric rates. That said, the buyback offer was to good to pass up as I already had a replacement on order. The trade value on the Bolt is in the $20,000 range and the buyback netted me $21,000 after paying off the balance of my loan. With a loan balance of around $13,000 that was an $ 14,000 swing. Now we have to deal with one car until the replacement shows up.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Wondering if there is even ONE other person in these forums that is entirely happy with their Bolt purchase,
We bought our Bolt almost four and a half years ago now. It is the best car we have ever owned. When we bought it, I was hoping it would be our last car. That may still be the case, if it doesn't burn up before we get a replacement battery. The legacy makers are still a long way from catching up to Tesla on EV tech, but Tesla doesn't make a sensible hatchback yet, and I am very glad GM did it before I died.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Wondering if there is even ONE other person in these forums that is entirely happy with their Bolt purchase, regardless of recalls, range limitations, squeaks, groans, noises, smells, uncomfortable pieces / parts, etc...
Or is everybody else just here to *, whine, moan, complain, etc. because they're having some sort of 'buyers remorse' because they thought they were buying one thing, but ended up buying something else, because that particular person didn't do any research, and so on and so on.

I, for one, am completely happy, 112teen percent happy, with my purchase...and purchase...not took possession of something a bank still owns but purchase, of my 2021 Bolt LT....complete with all it's limitations (which I researched and knew about), recalls (which I somewhat expected and as there is a resolution on the way, I'm satisfied), squeaks/groans/noises (haven't been thru a full-on winter yet but I've had newer cars that make noises in the cold cold), smells (new car duh), uncomfortable parts (research indicated the seats weren't the greatest, but I'm not spending hours and hours continuously in them either).

Get over it.
You cannot be more than 100% happy. By definition, 100% is the most you could be happy.

Are you really suggesting I didn't do my research that GM was going to suggest I restrict/change the usage of a vehicle I bought 2.5 years after I bought it, with the stipulations remaining in place for a year and progressively getting worse while GM repeatedly has said "it'll be fine after this"? I can't imagine why that would make anyone unhappy...

·
Registered
400 Posts
You cannot be more than 100% happy. By definition, 100% is the most you could be happy.
I guess OP is experiencing exotic happiness.

Yeah, it's a bad joke playing on "exotic probability" that deals with such nonsense as negative probabilities and probabilities larger than 1. Oh, and from wikipedia, apparently even hypercomplex numbers...

·
Registered
121 Posts
We are VERY happy with our 2020 Bolt. The recall doesn't hang over our head. We drive it everyday. Whenever the "fix" comes, is when it comes, we are not anxious or impatient about it. 20%-90% fits our needs except maybe 1 day every 2 months...then we temporarily break the rules(set to charge to 100% at our departure time) and then DCFC to 80% or whatever as needed for the trip. Not ignoring the small risk, just not stressing it. At this point I would buy another GM BEV in the near future if I feel they have it all worked out. (no interest in a GM ICE...only Toyota/Lexus for ICE)

·
Registered
847 Posts
There are things I would change to make me happier, but in general consideration of the car - I am very glad I have it.

Fires? I do not give a crap.
Recall - they will fix it eventually.

I got it relatively cheap and it drives better than my Boxster, has better pickup than the GTI, and does not smell of petrol or burned oil when parked.
I did not spend anything on maintenance except cleaning rear brakes and it is always easily recharged at home. OVERNIGHT!!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Of course, there are a lot of us.. ;-)
We can be unhappy with certain things. No company or car is perfect all the time.
But my Bolt is still the best car I've owned and I wouldn't change a thing...
(Well, I still want the car's temperature to be shown on the driver display. When in Android Auto on the Infotainment screen, I see Google's view on what the temperature around me probably is, and that isn't always the same as the actual outside temp. So if I want to see the actual outside temp, I have to pop out of Android Auto... That's my number one complaint. I know, the humanity!!! ;-)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I could be wrong here, and... go with me on this... but I think it is possible he was using something people call hyperbole here...
I kind of doubt he literally meant he was 112teen percent happy. And I think he expected we all would know that...

:cool:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I'm not sure anybody participating here could possibly say they're "entirely happy". Others out in the wilds might be if they're just not aware of things going on.
Judging by the majority of the posts here, several of us are "entirely happy". We're completely aware of things going on and are entirely unworried by them. The news media daily are filled with the most horribile events; wars, pestilence, murders, rapes and while we feel compassion for those directly affected, none of that changes what we're having for dinner tonight.

As several others above have said, for four-and-a-half years, the Bolt has been the most satisfactory car we've ever owned. It's never been back to the dealership for any reason; never needed any service of any kind. It's perfect for our daily use and we'd not ask for a buyback because there's no subsitute at the same price; today, there's hardly any choice at any price.

FWIW, this week I've been driving a Tesla Dual Motor M3. It has some nice tech features, better seats, better ride, but it is nowhere the best solution to our transportation needs. The Bolt is a far superior concept when practicality is the measure.

jack vines

·
Administrator
2,935 Posts
I have no regrets and am in no hurry for a new pack. The Bolt has served me well with a 130 mile commute, never having to use public charging and ultimate in convenience charging overnight. The savings on fuel are incredible. $100 in "maintenance" (wiper blades and cabin air filter), and a set of tires is the most maintenance free I have ever enjoyed in a car. It does well enough on mid-range trips with 1-2 DCFC stops.

Could some things be better? Sure. I don't think there is a car on the market that does everything well.

To me, the recall is timed excellent albeit a tad worrisome. I was WFH due to COVID before the recall announcement, and the new pack should be installed in time for longer trips in the coming years.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,440 Posts
But, but,,,
when I get the new battery pack I'll be able to charge it more than its 'as new' rating.

I may start charging it to ~105%, no?:unsure:
Therefore, I am +105% happy!:p

1 - 20 of 202 Posts