Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
141 - 160 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wondering if there is even ONE other person in these forums that is entirely happy with their Bolt purchase, regardless of recalls, range limitations, squeaks, groans, noises, smells, uncomfortable pieces / parts, etc...
Or is everybody else just here to *, whine, moan, complain, etc. because they're having some sort of 'buyers remorse' because they thought they were buying one thing, but ended up buying something else, because that particular person didn't do any research, and so on and so on.

I, for one, am completely happy, 112teen percent happy, with my purchase...and purchase...not took possession of something a bank still owns but purchase, of my 2021 Bolt LT....complete with all it's limitations (which I researched and knew about), recalls (which I somewhat expected and as there is a resolution on the way, I'm satisfied), squeaks/groans/noises (haven't been thru a full-on winter yet but I've had newer cars that make noises in the cold cold), smells (new car duh), uncomfortable parts (research indicated the seats weren't the greatest, but I'm not spending hours and hours continuously in them either).

Get over it.
Love from day one. It’s perfect for my wife and I.

·
Registered
6 Posts
An absolute great automobile when used for the purposes for which it was designed. To me it is clearly an urban Commuter, not a long-distance tourer. It does its job very well. Unfortunately, I can't rate GM very high. They are in process of writing the manual on how to make a dissatisfied customer out of a satisfied one with their absurd guidance and failure to actually inform their customers as to the facts relating to their car with their "concierge" program.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt EV LT
5 Posts
I bought a 2020 and really like this car. I do keep the charge to 80% typically but that is for battery longevity, not GM's current limit recommendations. When we have to travel around 200 miles round trip, I charge up to 95 or 100% and go. Eventually, GM will get around to replacing the battery pack and then we get another warranty. My only complaints are with the company itself for not figuring out what was wrong with the battery packs over a 4-5 year period. Maybe they did know but like all companies, tried a cheaper fix first.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wondering if there is even ONE other person in these forums that is entirely happy with their Bolt purchase, regardless of recalls, range limitations, squeaks, groans, noises, smells, uncomfortable pieces / parts, etc...
Or is everybody else just here to *, whine, moan, complain, etc. because they're having some sort of 'buyers remorse' because they thought they were buying one thing, but ended up buying something else, because that particular person didn't do any research, and so on and so on.

I, for one, am completely happy, 112teen percent happy, with my purchase...and purchase...not took possession of something a bank still owns but purchase, of my 2021 Bolt LT....complete with all it's limitations (which I researched and knew about), recalls (which I somewhat expected and as there is a resolution on the way, I'm satisfied), squeaks/groans/noises (haven't been thru a full-on winter yet but I've had newer cars that make noises in the cold cold), smells (new car duh), uncomfortable parts (research indicated the seats weren't the greatest, but I'm not spending hours and hours continuously in them either).

Get over it.
I too am 200% completely happy with my 2021 purchased in April. No remorse at all. Recalls hsppen. GM is addressing it fairly quickly. I charge outside anyway, range and charging reductions only affect me once per week and I do what I gotta do. Charge 100% once per week night before my 200+ mile trip. Might go under 70 mile range remaining once per week. Not too concerned at all. Love everything about the car. Really enjoy not having been to a gas station since April and not paying gas taxes. Never drive ICE again.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Get over it.
I have a new 2021 with 1200 miles on it. Love the vehicle and nothing else can give the mileage for the money. So you get a buy back then what do you buy? Not a tesla 3 ugly for sure. There is nothing the same size or smaller that will be any better other then a VW ID3 which we cannot buy in the US. So, one I get the replacement battery. I am good to go.
By the way. Anyone know what the red lights are for on the bottom rear bumper? Nothing I do lights them on. The rear mounted on each side of the hatch and the top center come on when braking or doing the regen. However they go off if I do not push on the break. Driving lights turns on the red lamps on either side of the hatch. Parking lights turns on the red lights on either side of the hatch. Checking GOOGLE and cannot find any information on this. Guess I need to go to the dealer and see if anyone knows. Are they just reflectors maybe?

·
Registered
6 Posts

Get over it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Agreed - 200% thrilled and no regrets. I've never had a car without some major recall, and frankly, never expected the Bolt to perform so well in the remote back dirt mountain winter roads as it has. She has been a long haul workhorse without issue and a ton of fun to drive up mountain roads.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My wife and I are very happy with our 2019 bolt EV. Yes the recall and shenanigans are annoying, but so what? I watched our son go through the Volkswagen TDI emissions lie fiasco, ending after months with a buyback that was a complete hassle -- the Bolt recall is nothing compared to that!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Get over it.
I’m totally happy with the Bolt, no happy with GM, but they are responding, other car makers don’t stay behind the cars at the end I never buy again Ford, Nissan, Mitsubishi, or Renault.
I don’t change to the 100% only the 80% and I get 228-240 miles for a full charge. The Bolt don’t have noises like the brand’s I mentioned before. Save me to go to the dealership to get bills for things the don’t do or reports of stuff they never checked or looked.
I don’t have to change oil, filters, brake fluid, pads, anticoagulants (no jet, less waste), etc. Really the big blessings I don’t get lies from service or mechanics. No worries or crisis for gasoline prices.

way in the heavens name I return to that!!

The Bolt is funny to drive, incredible responsive, comfortable, safe, reliable and relaxing. THE BEST CAR I NEVER HAD.

If something is sad for me is to fill the car with the tools I use in my work, from the back sit, floor, and trunk is full of materials and tools.

If another stimulus come to buy electric vehicles I buy a new one for my days off. I don’t go to many places for the risk to lose my work stuff. (The Bolt is amazing with all that stuff on) must be 100 times better with out!!)

No never think or considered change car. I don’t like put the extension cord from my apartment window, to the apartment garden, to the parking lot, connect the converter, plug the car, retrieve all and set again, pay for rent a empty garage.
I think no make sense own a house wen you live alone… until now.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Get over it.
I absolutely love the 3 I picked up. Zero worries about fire. I would NOT do a buy back because there is NOTHING even close available now that I could replace them with. I considered a MSRP swap, but I’d have to get a gas car and I’m done with that

recap, I have 3 2020 Bolts, wouldn’t trade them back

·
Registered
2 Posts

Get over it.
Leased our 2020 Bolt in June. Got a great deal and love the car. Is it perfect? No, but I enjoy driving it and it it’s our preferred car for running around up to our range. Have yet to charge it anywhere but at home with our level 2 charger. Only issue is we head South for two months at the end of December and planned to take our SUV. Bolt would stay in garage on trickle charger with a neighbor checking the car weekly. The recall has changed all that and now looking for Plan #2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Completely happy. Except I'd prefer to exchange mine for a later model, at no cost to myself. But only because of the seats ;)

My Bolt is a used 2017, going on two years of ownership. Having ridden a Zero SR motorcycle for several years, I knew what I was getting into prior to purchase. Mostly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes - very happy with the 2022 Bolt EUV. I leased it as my choice over all the alternatives I looked at; Ford Mustang-E, VW ID.4, Volvo, Audi and the Tesla models 3 and Y. Still prefer it. Once the new battery goes in, it will be a great long-distance car as well.

Ken

·
Registered
42 Posts
Happy person #155? Not bad! ;)
I own a 2017 Bolt Premier with 64K miles on it. Love it, for all the reasons mentioned on this thread! The one-touch pedal driving and the quick-as-a-jack-rabbit acceleration are at the top of my list. I have not had to fill gas at a gas station since 2017. Now isn't that awesome? Regarding all the Hullaballoo about the battery recall, I just smile and ignore most of it. Being a Tech Guy, I know better. I have not even done the first or the second software upgrade to "fix" the problem. End result? I still get to set Hilltop Reserve to ON which restricts max charging to 90%, which does make sense for this particular battery. And I still park the Bolt inside my garage and charge it to 90% every single night. And I sleep very soundly, knowing what an awesome EV I have. Now if only we can get GM to handle a little ruffle without falling flat on their faces, giving up, or creating a mountain out of a mole hill? :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
MY21 Premier - Summit White/Gray, MY15 smart ED, MY15 Cub Cadet RZT S42 Electric
31 Posts
Almost “entirely happy” with our MY21 Bolt - the seat can be a literal PIA?

Our second EV and Bolt checks most all the boxes for an affordable four passenger hatchback EV.

This slow motion train wreck began in an LG factory. Shame on Chevy for failing in their oversight of a MAJOR parts supplier!

With assurances in March from ALL (Chevrolet, Dealer & personal research) that a MY21 was beyond the Recall we took delivery of our Bolt. As I followed the debacle on this Forum I was alarmed at the lack of transparency on the part of GM/Chevrolet.

When the Recall was expanded to ALL, I soon found out first hand exactly how little truth has been shared with The Customer. As Forum Members, we are more well informed than most Dealers. In spite of various notifications, the majority of Bolt owners (beyond The Forum) are blind to safety concerns and suggested behavior modifications.

In a perfect world I hope to swap into a post recall MY22 Bolt that will sleep comfortably in the safety of my garage.

Hoping that GM/Chevrolet can get their arms around this challenge without alienating The Customer and save our beloved Bolt! “Entirely happy” may still be a reality…

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've got a 2019 built at the riskiest possible time (fall of 2018), and I charge it to 95% and discharge it to 5%. Since it has not caught fire, I remain completely happy with it.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
418 Posts
By the way. Anyone know what the red lights are for on the bottom rear bumper? Nothing I do lights them on. The rear mounted on each side of the hatch and the top center come on when braking or doing the regen. However they go off if I do not push on the break. Driving lights turns on the red lamps on either side of the hatch. Parking lights turns on the red lights on either side of the hatch. Checking GOOGLE and cannot find any information on this. Guess I need to go to the dealer and see if anyone knows. Are they just reflectors maybe?
when you open the rear hatch partially, the light on the rear bumper takes over.
It is a DOT rule that you can not have lights on a flip-up tailgate, because in case you haul something your light would be not visible.
The workaround is to have the lights switch to a different set in the bumper.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt Premier - Kinetic Blue Metallic
141 Posts
Love my Bolt and can't think of anything similarly priced that could replace it. The Mach E is pretty close, but the EV information displayed in the Bolt is leagues better than the Mach E. Mach E is also $10-25k CDN (with taxes) more expensive than the Bolt. The EV6 looks way better than the Mach E, but once again much pricier (and unavailable).

Even though I love my Bolt, it isn't perfect. However, driving the Bolt always puts a smile on my face. Sadly, I have not been able to do that for 2 weeks because I broke my right ankle. :( it seems I'll also have to wait a little longer.

141 - 160 of 202 Posts