Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed my repurchase coordinator today to ask about this since there are no 2022's left in the inventory (the November build with the 'good' battery) to swap. My RC said I should be able to place an order for a 2023 through my dealer now. I haven't had time to call my dealer today, but as of last week they had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned ordering a 2023 Bolt EUV for trade repurchase. Also, the Chevrolet website does not list 2023 Bolts yet.

Anybody order a 2023 yet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I emailed my repurchase coordinator today to ask about this since there are no 2022's left in the inventory (the November build with the 'good' battery) to swap. My RC said I should be able to place an order for a 2023 through my dealer now. I haven't had time to call my dealer today, but as of last week they had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned ordering a 2023 Bolt EUV for trade repurchase. Also, the Chevrolet website does not list 2023 Bolts yet.

Anybody order a 2023 yet?
I hope to place the order soon.
However, I would like to see what the new model year offers as well as the MSRP.

Bernie

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
1,792 Posts
I'm going into the dealership next week to place an order. I'll inquire about the '23s as of right now they're trying to push me into a "November" run EUV (is there like a bottomless pit of cars there?).

I'm debating going into a truck then swapping into an Ioniq 5 though, will try and remember to report back here what I find.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It sounds like there are still some November EUV’s in California, but I am inclined to just place an order for a new one of production is restarting vs. compromise. Will update what I find out re 2023 order.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
701 Posts
ordering a 2023 Bolt EUV for trade repurchase. Also, the Chevrolet website does not list 2023 Bolts yet.
I don’t think a 23 can be ordered yet. Did not see it next to 23 build orders either. I am also asking dealer.

If you google Bolt 23 MSRP you will see it’s still listed a few thousand below the 21. But who know what’s coming

The Dealer can not access the 23 build/order page either. And as far as his records show the 22 order is still active.
Have to wait and see what happens

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm going into the dealership next week to place an order. I'll inquire about the '23s as of right now they're trying to push me into a "November" run EUV (is there like a bottomless pit of cars there?).

I'm debating going into a truck then swapping into an Ioniq 5 though, will try and remember to report back here what I find.
On the November run cars it could be that some people who “tagged” them didn’t like their offers thus putting the tagged cars back into the rotation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had an order for a 22 EUV, it was to be built on Apr 18, 22...I just got a call from the salesperson today saying that build date has been pushed back to late May/June and that itll be a 23, kind of a let down, but I'd rather get a 23 if I have to wait a little longer.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
505 Posts

In my case I have had my 22EV on order for MONTHS at build code 3400. I got the offer from my RC to pick from the Nov cars and we tried to get the idiot at my dealer to find them to no avail, we gave up!
I truely thought about a Colorodo or Trail Blazer but between the fact that I had a long standing order in line and the back up's of ordering ANY car lately I just have stuck it out for the car I really wanted, the one I got to spec out. The bit of worry lately has been that production keeps getting pushed back and closer to the 23 models build time and kept worrying about my order getting built and I still wonder but I hope I slip in at the wire and get what I was offered in the end.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In my case I have had my 22EV on order for MONTHS at build code 3400. I got the offer from my RC to pick from the Nov cars and we tried to get the idiot at my dealer to find them to no avail, we gave up!
I truely thought about a Colorodo or Trail Blazer but between the fact that I had a long standing order in line and the back up's of ordering ANY car lately I just have stuck it out for the car I really wanted, the one I got to spec out. The bit of worry lately has been that production keeps getting pushed back and closer to the 23 models build time and kept worrying about my order getting built and I still wonder but I hope I slip in at the wire and get what I was offered in the end.
Out of curiosity does the formal offer come in via Email, snail mail (us post office) or via phone call with an official follow up

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted my dealer today and it looks like they are able to now see the 2023 Bolts in their ordering system. At first my dealer couldn't find them, but then they searched under "trucks" in the ordering system. Believe it or not, the Bolts are listed under the truck section. I don't know what their ordering system looks like, but this is what they told me over the phone.
Apparently the Bolts are trucks! I guess my registration says that too, but who knew?

·
Registered
Current: 2017 Premier, 2018 Premier, and 2x2020 Premier; Former: 2014 Volt; 2014 Leaf
34 Posts
Out of curiosity does the formal offer come in via Email, snail mail (us post office) or via phone call with an official follow up
Can’t speak for everyone but mine came by email. Had to print it, sign and send a picture back to the repurchase coordinator.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
505 Posts
I contacted my dealer today and it looks like they are able to now see the 2023 Bolts in their ordering system. At first my dealer couldn't find them, but then they searched under "trucks" in the ordering system. Believe it or not, the Bolts are listed under the truck section. I don't know what their ordering system looks like, but this is what they told me over the phone.
Apparently the Bolts are trucks! I guess my registration says that too, but who knew?
My 21 Bolt is listed as a "small station wagon" on the sticker.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
1,792 Posts
My 21 Bolt is listed as a "small station wagon" on the sticker.
Do these things even have any meaning any more? GM changing the body panels and calling it an SUV essentially just means we've jumped the shark and car classes are ink blots.

Call it a truck, call it a station wagon, **** call it a super car since it's about as fast as a Lamborghini Countach, it's technically more accurate than SUV 😁

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I just got told that the November build EUV I had tagged back around the first part of February was also tagged to someone else, and I need to now get back to the dealer to tag a different car to trade into.

Most people would be “less than happy” about this, but I think the best scenario for me is to postpone receiving the trade vehicle, so this is good news for me 😀

I will call the dealer this morning. He can start his search for the exact car I configured, but I don’t think he will be able to find it, so I will probably be ordering a new car to be built. I won’t be worried about that car being yanked-out from under me. And in the meantime, my current Bolt is serving me just fine, as long as I don’t let myself stress-out on the battery issue.

Hopefully I end up in a 2023 😍

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just got told that the November build EUV I had tagged back around the first part of February was also tagged to someone else, and I need to now get back to the dealer to tag a different car to trade into.

Most people would be “less than happy” about this, but I think the best scenario for me is to postpone receiving the trade vehicle, so this is good news for me 😀

I will call the dealer this morning. He can start his search for the exact car I configured, but I don’t think he will be able to find it, so I will probably be ordering a new car to be built. I won’t be worried about that car being yanked-out from under me. And in the meantime, my current Bolt is serving me just fine, as long as I don’t let myself stress-out on the battery issue.

I think the moral of all these stories is patience pays off. Your current Bolt is serving you well, so why get frustrated? I couldn’t agree more, but then again my journey is almost over while others keep getting the rug pulled-out from under them. Just try your best to stay cool and I do think this will eventually work out for almost everyone here.

Reactions: DAC17 and Martin D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I swapped to a GMC Canyon, took 3months to get built and into my driveway. I did some calling around, a Ford dealer is offering me Window sticker for the truck as a trade in, so a Truck is a good way to get into an Ioniq 5. As for me, my canyon will go towards either a Bronco or a 2023 Bolt.

·
Registered
16 Posts

keep us updated regarding the 23 order!

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
4,230 Posts
Do these things even have any meaning any more? GM changing the body panels and calling it an SUV essentially just means we've jumped the shark and car classes are ink blots.

Call it a truck, call it a station wagon, **** call it a super car since it's about as fast as a Lamborghini Countach, it's technically more accurate than SUV 😁
Oh no, no no NO! Do NOT call ANYTHING a "station wagon". That's the kiss of death for any vehicle sales, and is very effective birth control for any male driver. (Equivalent to driving a mini-van.)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
keep us updated regarding the 23 order!
I just heard from my repurchase rep… (facepalm).

It would appear that someone can’t type a VIN without typo-ing. The car tagged by the dealer for me is still tagged to the dealer. It just wasn’t tagged to my case because someone else’s (with only one digit different) was. So I guess I got “lucky”…

Doh!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh no, no no NO! Do NOT call ANYTHING a "station wagon". That's the kiss of death for any vehicle sales, and is very effective birth control for any male driver. (Equivalent to driving a mini-van.)
This is funny. It’s like the old joke “what is the difference between a violin and a fiddle?”
Answer: Its a fiddle when you buy it, a violin when you sell it.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts