Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Another update:

My dealer tried submitting a build order for a 2022. The order system allowed it, but we were immediately notified today that it would not be fulfilled. They said the production schedule for 2022s is full (as we all have heard) and the order would not be picked up. The order system wouldn't allow a 2023 order to be submitted.

Back to square one. I am waiting to see what GM decides on 2023s. My RC still doesn't know if we will be allowed to select one for a trade repurchase. I asked my RC to crunch the numbers on a straight buyback out of curiosity.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
Maybe wait a little longer for GM to crank the 2023 production maybe in May or April? They might allocate 2023's for the Pilot Program SWAP.
No choice but to wait and see if the story changes again. As of now the EV says no swap to 23.
Can do repurchase and buy another. But no EV’s in the Bolt price and value range.
some have done ok by swapping to ICE and then trading it in

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
Just from the crickets.
One article from only like 3 weeks ago said March 9 you can order. So they are way off.

I find nothing, and April is just a few days away.

?????? ??

Way off article. So they did not learn very good

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Tentative update...
After being told I couldn't submit and order for a 2022, and 2023s not being produced for some unknown amount of time, my RC sent me an email last week letting me know a few more November '22 built Bolts were back in the inventory for tagging. It almost seems like GM is finding them hidden away in random places and releases them in dribs and drabs, who knows.

I contacted my dealer (I am still a bit amused/annoyed that I am the go-between with corporate GM and my local dealership) and sure enough, a few 2022 Bolt EUVs showed up in the inventory. We "tagged" one and are now working through that process. If all goes well, it looks like we may end up with a 2022 EUV after all. I will update again when I know more. Nothing is final at this point.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Tentative update...
After being told I couldn't submit and order for a 2022, and 2023s not being produced for some unknown amount of time, my RC sent me an email last week letting me know a few more November '22 built Bolts were back in the inventory for tagging. It almost seems like GM is finding them hidden away in random places and releases them in dribs and drabs, who knows.

I contacted my dealer (I am still a bit amused/annoyed that I am the go-between with corporate GM and my local dealership) and sure enough, a few 2022 Bolt EUVs showed up in the inventory. We "tagged" one and are now working through that process. If all goes well, it looks like we may end up with a 2022 EUV after all. I will update again when I know more. Nothing is final at this point.
Remember the floodgates open Monday, expect more Bolts available for trade repurchases!

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
1,718 Posts
I grabbed a Nov. Bolt, my salesperson said there's a build date for a '22 in June that was placed in August of '21 at his dealership. There's gonna be some chaos and I just want crap to be settled.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I haven't heard about this. What floodgates are opening? What changed? Now I am curious
The stop sale on Bolts will be lifted tomorrow, actually a few people already purchased a few this weekend.

With this I believe a lot more options for swaps will open as a few dealers might want to get rid of their inventory.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
7,594 Posts
My dealer ordered new battery for my Bolt before I traded it in. Wonder if Apr 4 is when dealers can use packs on hand on their new Bolt inventory.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Based on what I see on Chevy’s website this morning I’m glad that we got one of the November 2021 EUV builds instead of one to be built this month. Options appear to be really limited - no premier model, no sunroof, no ventilated seats, etc. I guess that explains the price difference; however I might have misread the website. If true, it looks like the Bolt may be going into the sunset as GM’s EV “econobox”.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
1,718 Posts
Based on what I see on Chevy’s website this morning I’m glad that we got one of the November 2021 EUV builds instead of one to be built this month. Options appear to be really limited - no premier model, no sunroof, no ventilated seats, etc. I guess that explains the price difference; however I might have misread the website. If true, it looks like the Bolt may be going into the sunset as GM’s EV “econobox”.
Where do you see this? Their configurator still shows '22s for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like 2022/2023 Bolt EV is now referenced on the website. This is the first time I've seen 2023 mentioned publicly by GM so it sounds like production shall continue. (ref: 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EV | Electric Vehicle | Chevrolet Canada under "Easy Charging" Charged by Chevrolet program).

Made order for a 2022 EV on 12 Mar 2022. Was informed it was likely going to be July production date. Was told it may end up being produced as a 2023 regardless of what I ordered which would be fine (assuming no features are lost and pricing remains similar in the process).

61 - 80 of 119 Posts