Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ugh no. Just went today to tag in CA. There were zero Premier EV or EUV. The dealer tried to order a 2023 but it wasn’t allowed in the system. Also they are not taking orders for 2022. I’m so annoyed at GM. They need to add more cars. Also annoyed because I talked to them for months about reparations for the battery limits but they waited till march to inform me of the Msrp swap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Still seeing 2021/2022, there was a temporary glitch?
Here is what I see:

Easy Charging
CHARGED BY CHEVROLET
Chevrolet will cover standard installation of Level 2 charging outlet for eligible customers who purchase or lease a new 2022/2023 Bolt EV,† helping even more people experience how easy it is to live electric. The offer gives customers access to faster charging right where they want it – at home – and with the Dual Level Charge Cord, standard on each new 2022/2023 Bolt EUV and available for purchase with a 2022/2023 Bolt EV, a standalone charging station is not required.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Skidro - I concur with your assessment that GM should have done a much better job for those of us that were substantially inconvenienced and had a car with about 1/2 the promised range. GM apparently turned to a third party for repurchases and swaps - GM should have stayed engaged in the process. I’m not sure if anyone in GM’s management is aware of what’s going on or if they even care. The only way our repurchase occurred was to write a very direct letter (with the assistance of an attorney) which resulted in the third party management taking over our case. My wife and I are long-term exclusive GM customers - based on our Bolt experience there’s about a 90% chance our next vehicle will be from another manufacturer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I emailed my repurchase coordinator today to ask about this since there are no 2022's left in the inventory (the November build with the 'good' battery) to swap. My RC said I should be able to place an order for a 2023 through my dealer now. I haven't had time to call my dealer today, but as of last week they had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned ordering a 2023 Bolt EUV for trade repurchase. Also, the Chevrolet website does not list 2023 Bolts yet.

Anybody order a 2023 yet?
2023 EUV confirmed by GM for late July 2022

·
Registered
59 Posts
There's a GM gremlin inside my head that is monitoring my thoughts, the second I say, "I'm going to go in and order a '23 Bolt" then that window closes.

I'll go into the dealership today and grab a truck and that's not going to matter, gas prices will rise like $14 / gallon and my truck will be worth $3,000 when it was $38,000 new.

Every time I'm like, "ok this is the end, and it doesn't end too bad for me, whew" I get the rug pulled out from underneath me, I'm starting to depart from getting angry about it and just laughing.

2023 GM said late July for production. I don't recall hearing anything about closing sales for the 2022

·
Registered
52 Posts
Recently completed our swap from a 2020 to a 2022 EUV. Love the power seat, sunroof, etc but most of all love the fact that our vehicle once again has the promised range. Although this was a long torturous needless 8 month process we are extremely glad that we have closure. As we were swapping vehicles I asked about the 2023 swaps and was told that their understanding was that swaps are only for the November 2021 special run. As usual there appears to be a lot of confusion.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
I'm giving up trying to swap to a new bolt. Chevy isn't going to add new premiers. I'm just going to get a Blazer RS and resell it for a Mach e or Ioniq5. 😓
You’ll probably come out ahead financially
Similar to what someone else did here and said they made 15k. But he swapped to some truck that he probably researched the best resell. Actually 2 posted doing this.
I was Leary about waiting for a 23

·
Registered
173 Posts
You’ll probably come out ahead financially
Similar to what someone else did here and said they made 15k. But he swapped to some truck that he probably researched the best resell. Actually 2 posted doing this.
I was Leary about waiting for a 23
I did it, swapped to a Canyon and traded that in for a Mach-E. Very happy with it all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I emailed my repurchase coordinator today to ask about this since there are no 2022's left in the inventory (the November build with the 'good' battery) to swap. My RC said I should be able to place an order for a 2023 through my dealer now. I haven't had time to call my dealer today, but as of last week they had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned ordering a 2023 Bolt EUV for trade repurchase. Also, the Chevrolet website does not list 2023 Bolts yet.

Anybody order a 2023 yet?
Hi we ordered a Bolt EUV, Sun N Sound package, Premiere Apr 29 2022 and I was informed this morning that it will be a 2023 - no confirmation as of a build date yet...we suspect it may be late fall, early winter before we see ours. Our sales person is looking to get a better idea sometime this week.
We are in Canada and we seem to get 2nd rate treatment from the manufacturers...
Have a good one!

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info Mike. Which part of Canada? I ordered from my dealer in Ontario and no updates shared with me yet on my Bolt EV ordered Mar 12 2022.
Hi we ordered a Bolt EUV, Sun N Sound package, Premiere Apr 29 2022 and I was informed this morning that it will be a 2023 - no confirmation as of a build date yet...we suspect it may be late fall, early winter before we see ours. Our sales person is looking to get a better idea sometime this week.
We are in Canada and we seem to get 2nd rate treatment from the manufacturers...
Have a good one!

Mike

·
Registered
786 Posts
Canada seems to be able to order 2023 Bolts. But in the US as of yesterday afternoon we cannot order 2022 or 2023 Bolts. I do see quite a few 2022 Bolts being shipped to dealers that are new production - not on recall. Check this out on the Chevrolet website. I think I have found one I want to reserve that is due in around the end of this month, but with GM tracking and scheduling who really knows. But I do have a copy of the window sticker with a VIN.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Canada seems to be able to order 2023 Bolts. But in the US as of yesterday afternoon we cannot order 2022 or 2023 Bolts. I do see quite a few 2022 Bolts being shipped to dealers that are new production - not on recall. Check this out on the Chevrolet website. I think I have found one I want to reserve that is due in around the end of this month, but with GM tracking and scheduling who really knows. But I do have a copy of the window sticker with a VIN.
I’ve contacted my sales rep again to inquire. She assured me she will keep an eye on it and let me know.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts