Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
One option that I haven't seen discussed is swapping for a new production 2022 from dealer stock. This is one possibility, if you can find a dealer willing to do it. Since production restarted last month, there are some Bolts arriving a dealerships. I was lucky and found a dealer willing to host the swap. We ended up swapping our 2020 EV (LT) for a fully optioned EV (not EUV). This had almost all of the features I was interested in. The only exceptions were the cooled seats and rear seat heaters, which are available on the EUV, but not the EV. All in all, I am happy with the result, although the path to get here was very long and frustrating.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Bolt EV - Premier
17 Posts
According to https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-facilities/gm-production-status/ 2023 BoltEV/EUVs started production yesterday (May 9th, 2022) at the Orion Township, MI plant.
I'm in the process of a trade / repurchase - my Texas dealer tagged a 2022 model for me on March19th that was not even built - and they recently let me know it's scheduled to be built July 4th.
I'm curious does GM overlap making 2022 models and 2023 models at the same time?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe you will get a 2023! I've called a bunch of dealers and have talked to a handful of EV reps from GM. All of them have said 2023s cant be ordered for a few months.
Originally back in Feb my RC said I could order a 2023 when they are opened up for ordering (which never happened for me), but then mid March they got in touch and told me GM is not accepting orders on 2023s for trades. So I worked with my dealer to order a 2022. And now I realize 2023's are going into production so I'm curious if GM overlap model years.
This is such a painful waiting game.... but I will not complain if it all miraculously works out 🤞

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally back in Feb my RC said I could order a 2023 when they are opened up for ordering (which never happened for me), but then mid March they got in touch and told me GM is not accepting orders on 2023s for trades. So I worked with my dealer to order a 2022. And now I realize 2023's are going into production so I'm curious if GM overlap model years.
This is such a painful waiting game.... but I will not complain if it all miraculously works out 🤞
Agreed. I got the following update from my dealership today (I’m a newbie so no lemon law trade in etc etc stuff for me)
“We have yours in the order bank as a 2022 and it is the next one in line to get a production date. The other two that we already had on order still have a production week of July but it looks like the build out of the 22 bolt which is the last month of production is showing end of may. So I am 99% sure yours will be a 2023 anyways and all we do is switch the order over to that once we know for sure no 22’s can be produced anymore.”

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agreed. I got the following update from my dealership today (I’m a newbie so no lemon law trade in etc etc stuff for me)
“We have yours in the order bank as a 2022 and it is the next one in line to get a production date. The other two that we already had on order still have a production week of July but it looks like the build out of the 22 bolt which is the last month of production is showing end of may. So I am 99% sure yours will be a 2023 anyways and all we do is switch the order over to that once we know for sure no 22’s can be produced anymore.”
Thanks for the info! The only reason I originally chose to order a 2023 was in the hopes they update/fix the tail brake light situation (why oh why did they not have the tailgate running lights double as brake lights too instead of only having separate brake lights really low down where no one expects them?!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info! The only reason I originally chose to order a 2023 was in the hopes they update/fix the tail brake light situation (why oh why did they not have the tailgate running lights double as brake lights too instead of only having separate brake lights really low down where no one expects them?!)
Surely there will be at least “some” updates to the ‘23 line up. Just sucks we can’t get any info on what those might be yet. My main reason for wanting the newer year is that the 17-22 will forever be tied to the fires similar to the Samsung phones that kept melting and were eventually banned by airlines etc. The 23 gives a chance to refresh the name.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
And, FWIW, it always ticked me off that a new year car would be out in July! Really? Nov I get, but wow. Just me?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Not a trade repurpose or swap but I ordered a new 2022 Launch edition just before Christmas and was given a April build date. Since then I have seen the order sheet with a week of July fourth build date.
So a straight order, nothing to do with the recall? I would think that it should go through quick (barring chip crap that they would pull the SC 1st). My order was for a "normal EV" ordered in Nov and is at the dealer now. I think they are limiting "extra's" like SC. Just like yanking heated "things" from all but the most pricey items.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My dealer ordered on April 29th. My RC said the order has not been accepted so my case has been put on hold. My RC ask me to update her when there's more progress on the order. The problem is that it was very hard to get my dealer to order/tag the new car because they told me they can put the order in but it won't be accepted. So what do I say to the RC or the dealer at this point?

101 - 119 of 119 Posts