Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
881 - 900 of 937 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Others have had thier extra loan payments returned after the deal was made. Cause of the time elapsed between offer and final deal.
So I doubt if they will try to keep that money. Its probally illegal to do so
It's not extra loan payments. It's them getting a check for the difference and also bundling the same difference in the new loan. As in I double payed. They acknowledged the mistake and I'm trying to get the situation resolved.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
It's not extra loan payments. It's them getting a check for the difference and also bundling the same difference in the new loan. As in I double payed. They acknowledged the mistake and I'm trying to get the situation resolved.
Yes
This was a close as I could see a simliar situation. They make good if they know they made a mistake. But they don’t always acknowledge if

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
This is really I deal I can’t refuse. Even if some of the numbers don’t make sense. Like they have a mileage number ot 7386 miles, that I am not sure where they got it from. I gave them 3200 miles when paperwork started. Techincally per Florida lemon law they can take miles at car delivery. Which will be over 18099 so I am Leary about asking too many questions

anyways Good Deal
I still have not signed this offer as the RC can’t tell me where they got 7386 miles. It should be like 3700. That’s almost a grand diff.
It’s says you have 3days to sign it. If I sign it does that mean I can’t dicker about the miles?
If I don’t sign it does the deal turns into a punkin and drive away?
will sign tommorrow with condition, if she can’t find out where the miles came from.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I still have not signed this offer as the RC can’t tell me where they got 7386 miles. It should be like 3700. That’s almost a grand diff.
It’s says you have 3days to sign it. If I sign it does that mean I can’t dicker about the miles?
will sign tommorrow with condition, if she can’t find out where the miles came from.
I think what is happening is they don't seem to use the mileage from the odometer we sent. In my case they pulled the mileage from Onstar like 2 months later when the case was moved from concierge and to the escalation team that handles the offers. I don't know what the purpose of the photo is if they won't use it. I've seen some posters able to argue the mileage back down, I think it largely depends on your state lemon laws. For me, the difference was about 800 miles (about $250) so I let it go.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
I think what is happening is they don't seem to use the mileage from the odometer we sent. In my case they pulled the mileage from Onstar like 2 months later when the case was moved from concierge and to the escalation team that handles the offers. I don't know what the purpose of the photo is if they won't use it. I've seen some posters able to argue the mileage back down, I think it largely depends on your state lemon laws. For me, the difference was about 800 miles (about $250) so I let it go.
Oh yeah I forgot about the OnStar download. Maybe that’s what they did. Will see what they say.
fl lemon laws suck. They can take mileage up to offer signing. And the RC does not lknow that or is ignoring that. So I won’t push too hard as the deal is already good.
Will see

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was able to argue mine down to the original photo. I presented the text of the Texas lemon law and highlighted where it specified first reported. I had a revised offer within the next day.

·
Registered
Elijah's Chariot - 2022 EUV Premier Sun & Sound in GrayGhost
21 Posts
Yes, the use fee is negotiable. Of course it depends on state lemon law, but in many states the mileage stop is at the first complaint of the problem to GM. They will go off telematics/Onstar for the actual value so not sure why they ask for a photo. Initially my offer was calculated based on the date from my third rep contact months into the process. I started the negotiation by suggesting that it should start at zero miles since the fire risk was present at manufacture. GM countered with telematics mileage pulled at my second concierge rep call - slightly more than photo. I then re-countered with a service visit for the first charge limit software update and that mileage was accepted. The final use fee was less than half that value. The numbers were not broken out so not sure how they arrived at that lower value.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Yes, the use fee is negotiable. Of course it depends on state lemon law, but in many states the mileage stop is at the first complaint of the problem to GM. They will go off telematics/Onstar for the actual value so not sure why they ask for a photo. Initially my offer was calculated based on the date from my third rep contact months into the process. I started the negotiation by suggesting that it should start at zero miles since the fire risk was present at manufacture. GM countered with telematics mileage pulled at my second concierge rep call - slightly more than photo. I then re-countered with a service visit for the first charge limit software update and that mileage was accepted. The final use fee was less than half that value. The numbers were not broken out so not sure how they arrived at that lower value.
Not sure what my fee might be. I sent the ODO pic at 900mi, have been told all along that I would be charged based on 1100mi, and now it seems that (reading Indiana LL on trade repurchase) I should have NO mileage fee. So.... can't wait for the offer.. I think that even if I get dinged 2K I at least won't owe more than I do now.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
I
I was able to argue mine down to the original
I had a revised offer within the next day.

GM countered with telematics mileage pulled at my second concierge rep call - slightly
get dinged 2K I at least won't owe more than I do now.
The offer has a time frame of 3 days on it. Wonder what happens if I go over that time frame cause they have not justified where the mileage came from.
not sure why the RC does not known where the numbers came from. She told me it came from the dealer. Which was not true. Not even close. I have a dealer mileage value of 4700 so a few thousand less

Will see tommorrow.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
Just p$sses me of that "they" can take MONTHS to come up with an offer and then give you 3 days to accept
Walking a tightrope here.
If I push too hard to get the less milage reading (4700) the Rc may double check Florida lemon law and see they dont have to give me that. In which case I would have to pay another 2 grand for existing (19000miles!). Maybe I should just sign it now and take the 7300Miles. The RC does say the milage is locked in with the offer letter. No matter how many extra miles you put on the car before delivery

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
3,509 Posts
Walking a tightrope here.
If I push too hard to get the less milage reading (4700) the Rc may double check Florida lemon law and see they dont have to give me that. In which case I would have to pay another 2 grand for existing (19000miles!). Maybe I should just sign it now and take the 7300Miles. The RC does say the milage is locked in with the offer letter. No matter how many extra miles you put on the car before delivery
If you know that you're already getting more than the law entitles, then just take the deal.

Put another way, if you had sued GM and knew what you were going to get based on the law, and GM offered to settle for MORE than you would have received in a successful lawsuit, why try to keep negotiating the settlement?

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
If you know that you're already getting more than the law entitles, then just take the deal.
”Never look a gift horse in the mouth.”
Of course your both right. But it does not hurt to ask. I hope so. I did, and she came back with words about florida lemon law and "Full mileage". So I signed that puppy and sent it back real quick. 19K miles would be another 2k on me. I told her, Don’t worry that’s ok you don’t need to check. I’ll just sign it and send it

Just that you read here about no miles in some states. And one guy had 70K+ and still not charged. Oh well.

It seems that they may be aware of Florida lemon law but dont hit the customer with Fully delivered miles. There is another fellow here from florida that tried to get at "paper work start" miles but I dont think he did.

Still a great deal.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
22 Posts
if you bought a used bolt for XYZ you are completely out of your mind for thinking GM should compensate you more then you paid. That said they are not doing the bare minimum in regards to state lemon laws as most cases can literally be rejected because they are beyond the lemon law time frame, either for date or mileage yet GM is still honoring lemon laws when by law they wouldn’t have to.
Hi Chris, I thought the idea sounded crazy too, until my repurchase coordinator communicated otherwise back in Aug '21 when i started the process. I explained that I had bought the car used and that I was interested in doing an "MSRP swap" like i heard about online. I specifically asked her "will this cost me anything?" and "should I expect to get a new car with nothing out of my pocket?" She said yes. I would just "swap" the car out with my existing loan terms. I clarified a few times with her to make sure I understood this amazing offer and then after a month of back and forth her tune changed and the rules of the trade changed. I told her I was confused.

I wasn't expecting GM to do an MSRP swap going into this. I just wanted to find out what it entailed. Ultimately I was functioning with information that was provided to me by my repurchase coordinator or advisor with very little knowledge of what the lemon laws were in California. I recall reading a post of someone in California in early 2021 who had bought their Bolt used and received full MSRP value for it for the trade. So, after hearing that and what my repurchase advisor was telling me, I of course had my hopes up.

You're right, they're not doing the bare minimum. Though I'm sure many others who've been through this process here can talk about how absolutely frustrating the communication has been with GM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally got my EUV
Started the process in October
Initially I had put in an order for a Bolt. Changed to a Nov build EUV (tagged on Jan 17), finally got the paperwork to sign on March 14th, got word on the 16th that it was cleared for shipment. EUV arrived at the dealer on April 26th. Took about 2 hours.
Per the paperwork I was owed a check for $60. I asked once at the dealer and was told the next person would figure it out. Ended up leaving without the check. I just wanted to be done with it and didn’t want to hassle the dealer even more over $60. I went into Parts right after and asked about wheel locks. They went in the back and gave me some since they had a lot extra. $65 normally so I got my “check” in a sense.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Received my Bolt 2022 EUV yesterday March 29th. It was setting in Marion Ohio since January 29th ready to go. No explanation for the delay.
I love it, drives and handles better than my 2021.
Glad it’s finally home in my garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh, also on the used comment.
I bought my 2019 Bolt “used” in a sense. It was advertised as new by the dealer because it had been used as a courtesy vehicle and had 2500ish miles on it. The sale paperwork listed it as used with a sale price before discounts as $29.5k (got it for $23.5k after). GM gave me full MSRP ($39.5k) for it on the paperwork so I didn’t push at all about the mileage deduction.
Not sure if they would’ve done that regardless or because I was the first owner of the car other than the dealership or what.
Florida

881 - 900 of 937 Posts