Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
921 - 937 of 937 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m going on 7 weeks. There is major problem going on that someone isn’t telling us about. It’s almost like these cars have fallen through the cracks (shipping company can’t find them on the lot?) or the shipping company won’t transport them. They get “accepted by shipping“ and then they sit for 2 months? Something is wrong.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some people don’t even get the in transit message and don’t find out till it gets there. And so they then have to wait for the paperwork.

The car is shipping to Dimmit in Clearwater. That’s North of you. I think. Maybe they are waiting to fill a truck?
I guess, but that's my point. If there are 7 EUVs for open sale in transit to my dealer, that's a truck's worth and then some. So how/why is my car not among the others coming to the dealer?

Unless "in transit" just means "destined for" rather than "en route".

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m going on 7 weeks. There is major problem going on that someone isn’t telling us about. It’s almost like these cars have fallen through the cracks (shipping company can’t find them on the lot?) or the shipping company won’t transport them. They get “accepted by shipping“ and then they sit for 2 months? Something is wrong.
It definitely seems like something is screwed up. It shouldn't take 2 months + to ship a car, especially when there are presumably newly-manufactured Bolts coming out of the factory now. You'd think these replacement vehicles would be able to hitch a ride with the regular cars making their way to dealers.

The thought that the car I'm getting will ultimately have spent six months or more sitting on an outdoor lot does bad things to my insides.

Not sure what we can do about it though. The dealer reps are out of the loop, and the RCs clearly have no knowledge or authority on the situation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They told me that 2 weeks ago.
Yeah that's exactly what I was afraid of. Although, last week the RC just told me there were shipping delays and the RCs didn't know anything else. So at least the story has changed.

Actually come to think of it, I was told the same thing, albeit indirectly, about two weeks ago also. My dealer was told by the RC that it should arrive "any day now".

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier - Silver
316 Posts
Heads up to all Texas Trade/Repurchase participants:

I have been told that my $200 check needs to be made out to the dealer, which according to the dealer means that this will be treated as a new car purchase, with my 2020 Bolt as a trade-in. General Motors & the dealer have both confirmed that all TT&L fees required will be paid by General Motors.

I'm pretty sure that this means that we will be eligible for the $2,500 rebate from the state of Texas under the LDPLIP program. I will be taking the necessary paperwork with me when I go to pick up the car. I received a rebate under this program back when I leased my 2015 Leaf, but the window had closed when I purchased my 2020 Bolt last January. The window has now reopened.

Now if I just keep from driving the EUV like I stole it. ;)
Followup: Today I received a check for $2,500 from the state of Texas, about 3 months after filing for the rebate. That's a net $2300 positive in my pocket, after trading up 2 model years, 11,000 fewer miles, and from a base EV to a Premier EUV.

I'm a happy camper driver. :D

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Bolt EV - Premier
17 Posts
Followup: Today I received a check for $2,500 from the state of Texas, about 3 months after filing for the rebate. That's a net $2300 positive in my pocket, after trading up 2 model years, 11,000 fewer miles, and from a base EV to a Premier EUV.

I'm a happy camper driver. :D
Congrats! May I ask where in Texas / which dealer you used for your trade/repurchase? I'm currently in the process of trade/repurchase here in Austin, Texas. I'm using Capitol Chevrolet - my trade EUV is scheduled to be built July5th.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just need a quick rant.

Signed and returned my swap agreement back on 3/17, and here we are eight weeks later and there's still no sign of my vehicle delivery. I check in with my dealer rep (who's been very responsive) every couple of weeks-- including today-- and each time the status is the same-- the car is sitting on a lot in Ohio.

I even checked back in with my repurchase coordinator last week just to make sure there wasn't some issue holding things up. I was told there wasn't any problem, but they can't give me an ETA on the vehicle. Another week? Another month? Longer? Who knows? I mean, I don't live in Kazakhstan; you'd think a vehicle train and/or truck would have been heading in my direction at some point in the last two months, during which time I've made three car payments and interest rates have gone up twice.

At this point I feel like I've gotten off one interminable line of waiting for a battery replacement, just to step into another one waiting for a car.

Be curious to know how long others here have been waiting/have waited for their swap vehicles.

That is all. Thanks for listening.
I signed on 4/6 and picked up the vehicle on 4/27. There was no real way track the vehicle, but on 4/23 I got this email from GM. Although it says bolt EV, i actually got an EUV.

Font Electric blue

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah that's exactly what I was afraid of. Although, last week the RC just told me there were shipping delays and the RCs didn't know anything else. So at least the story has changed.

Actually come to think of it, I was told the same thing, albeit indirectly, about two weeks ago also. My dealer was told by the RC that it should arrive "any day now".

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.
Agreed. I'll be glad when this is over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am working with Dimmit. I signed the letter on April 6 and it's been crickets since then. The rep at the dealership has been very responsive, but it doesn't seem like there is anything he can do. My RC hasn't responded since she sent the dealer docs. I started this process in September after buying the vehicle in July. I sure hope it will be worth the wait....

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier - Silver
316 Posts
Congrats! May I ask where in Texas / which dealer you used for your trade/repurchase? I'm currently in the process of trade/repurchase here in Austin, Texas. I'm using Capitol Chevrolet - my trade EUV is scheduled to be built July5th.
I'm in the Dallas area and worked with Jupiter Chevrolet in Garland. The GM there was a regional rep for General Motors for several years and is very familiar with MSRP trades. Process went smoothly for me.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
I too am working with Dimmit. I signed the letter on April 6 and it's been crickets since then. The rep at the dealership has been very responsive, but it doesn't seem like there is anything he can do. My RC hasn't responded since she sent the dealer docs. I started this process in September after buying the vehicle in July. I sure hope it will be worth the wait....
FWIW my RC told me that after "closing" sends the final docs to dealer he's done with the case.
And like all that I've seen, and my upcoming trade, yes it's worth it.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
I too am working with Dimmit. I signed the letter on April 6 and it's been crickets since then. The rep at the dealership has been very responsive,
Yes they’ve been great. I was told by the RC I couldn’t get A 22nov bolt after my order for one of the new 22’s was canceled. But Cristopher NAnce found one in spite of what they said. He was checking in the am when I few 22’s popped up and he tagged one before they all went it 10 minutes

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just took possession of my EUV LT in trade for my 2020 Bolt LT. I chose to have the 240V plug installation. The alternative was a $500 EVGo charge card. I will also be getting a $2450 check to cover the difference in sticker price (minus depreciation?). This is a very good deal for me and I will seriously consider buying it outright when the lease term ends.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Just took possession of my EUV LT in trade for my 2020 Bolt LT. I chose to have the 240V plug installation. The alternative was a $500 EVGo charge card. I will also be getting a $2450 check to cover the difference in sticker price (minus depreciation?). This is a very good deal for me and I will seriously consider buying it outright when the lease term ends.
Happy for you!
Love the good outcomes stories!

921 - 937 of 937 Posts