Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked but cannot find info about the hatch/cargo. Let's compare it to a Prius where you open the hatch and flatten the rear seats flat and you have a full 6' that you can sleep in, put a bike or lumber into. Does the Bolt have anything like that?

Thanks for info

·
Registered
195 Posts
;)I especially appreciate the deep recess in the rear of the Bolt. Plenty of room, exposed or covered. I have no desire to sleep in my Bolt. As I get older, I've mastered being able to sleep sitting up while watching TV. Any seat will do.

Reactions: Dadrick

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
The newer Prius's are bigger than a Bolt. The rear seatbacks do not fold flat. They angle up at a 5-10 degree angle....the angle of the bottom seat cushion. You could remove the rear seat cushion to get them to lie flat. The distance from the center of the rear hatch to the top edge of the lowered seat back is 46". At the outer edges of the rear hatch, the distance is 45". The lowered seat back edge is 10" above the lower cargo space floor. Even totally removing the rear seats will not get you a flat floor, as the rear of the battery pack extends up under the seat.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
In my Bolt (Premier; I assume all are the same), the long dimension mid-cargo space (to the console) is 57 inches. With the front passenger seat moved forward, the long dimension to mid-seat is 64 inches, and the diagonal from R front to L rear is 72 inches. I can easily get my road bike, with front wheel removed, on the tarp I set down without striking the rear of the "moved-forward" seat.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
surgeon.

"In my Bolt (Premier; I assume all are the same), the long dimension mid-cargo space (to the console) is 57 inches."

I was measuring the space "you can sleep in." Unless you are planning to sleep hanging over the rear passenger footwell, this would end at top edge of the folded down seats.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
The LT and Premier are, of course, identical. I was measuring the space "you can sleep in." Unless you are planning to sleep hanging over the rear passenger footwell, this would end at top edge of the folded down seats. If you are going to include the footwell, then you could push the seats all the way to the front of their 9" travel, and flip the seatbacks all the way forward. This yields 67" near the center. And as I have done in my wife's Corolla, you can push the passenger seat all the way forward, lay the seatback down, and run an 8 foot, 2 x 4 up onto the dashboard.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
... If you are going to include the footwell, then you could push the seats all the way to the front of their 9" travel, and flip the seatbacks all the way forward.
Do the front seat seatbacks flip forward in the same way that those in a 2-door coupe do to allow access to the back seat?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts