Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Normally I would be concerned with battery health and would use Torque Pro to help evaluate. I'd give almost no credibility to what the GOM is saying except as a very crude ballpark of health. That said, I'd not worry one bit about battery condition on the Bolt since it's under warranty and is likely to get a new battery well before problems arise with the current one.

Negotiated price would pretty much be my only concern.

So, you're finally getting one? Looks like I'm the last holdout.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I am going to try to get torque configured tonight (too bad it is not a ready made install like LeafSpy), and go over tomorrow to scan the car before I sign on Wednesday.
Yeah, figuring out how to load the PIDs and then mucking around with adding gauges is cumbersome. It's also what makes it highly customizable. Seems there's no getting around those tradeoffs.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
OP - as a current owner I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere. While the odds of my car bursting into flames is low, it remains an existential threat and is always in the back of your mind. Added to this the guidance to not let charge drop below 70 estimated miles (about 20%) the usable available capacity is degraded.

it’s just not worth it and they will talk about you at the dealership for years after you drive off.
Sendler is a long time member here and is aware of the happenings. He also rides a motorcycle, so he and death are good pals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts