Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
689 Posts
Just want to put something out there regarding the common courtesy of charging, it's not always as easy as you think. When I purchased my Kona EV I was shocked to find out the #1 EV seller in my state didn't have a L2 charger at the dealership itself and the service center wasn't directly attached. For this courtesy they were trying to delay closing on my car by a day because they were literally doing L1 dealer preps.

$5-$15 max in electricity isn't worth caring about, I had to be like, "No really, I'm not coming back at a less convenient time just because you feel awkward selling me a car with 60%"

They're making $2,000-$4,000 off of you, they're really really not trying to rob you over 9kw @ .10/kWh

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
689 Posts
OP - as a current owner I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere. While the odds of my car bursting into flames is low, it remains an existential threat and is always in the back of your mind. Added to this the guidance to not let charge drop below 70 estimated miles (about 20%) the usable available capacity is degraded.

it’s just not worth it and they will talk about you at the dealership for years after you drive off.

just my 2 cents
Yes but the adrenaline rush from fear has to be worth more than 2 cents? Frankly Chevy should be charging you more for that alive feeling you have right now. That cup of coffee tastes that much better, because GM made it so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts