Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the end of the month, and I'm venturing out to see how low I can go. Curious if anyone has pushed the Premier down below $26K and an LT below $22K?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
It's the end of the month, and I'm venturing out to see how low I can go. Curious if anyone has pushed the Premier down below $26K and an LT below $22K?
Please wear a mask. Find or rig one. Maintain a six foot separation, and wash your hands before and after your car shopping trip. You, and the sales person, may appear fine. But you must understand that either or both of you could already be ill, and spreading the virus. Thank you for thinking of others, and good luck with your hunt.

"Calculations of the virus’s basic reproduction number, or R0 — the number of people on average one infected person will pass the virus to — suggest a range of 2–2.5."

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Probably best way is to email the 6 nearest dealerships and tell them you want the best price, because you're cross shopping all their competitors. I don't see the need to go face to face. They consider themselves to have the upper hand once they've got you physically present.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Probably best way is to email the 6 nearest dealerships and tell them you want the best price, because you're cross shopping all their competitors. I don't see the need to go face to face. They consider themselves to have the upper hand once they've got you physically present.
Yes. I found the in-person experience time consuming, frustrating, and ultimately useless. I ended up doing the entire negotiation online. Even then, we spent over an hour at the dealership. Hopefully, in our unprecedented situation, dealerships will reduce the pickup time to the absolute minimum.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Exactly. I bought my 2019 Premier from a MA dealer, when I was still in AZ. They over-nighted the paperwork to me. Saved so much aggravation and nonsense.

OK, why did I do that I hear you ask? I was returning to the Cape in April last year and had to buy the Bolt while the $7,500 dollar rebate was still active.

Rich

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got offered 32k Premier, 28k LT (before fees and before fed. tax credit). I don't think I could have pushed much if any farther. Well, maybe an LT with NO packages at 27.2k. Central Iowa. Just got in before the $1,875 fed. tax credit is gone.
I added Cajun red so ended up with 28.4k on an LT with Comfort package and both driver confidence packages. So effectively 26.5k after the fed. tax credit. Including all the fees less the fed. tax credit I'm at 28.4k. Going to pick it up this afternoon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made the same excursion a week ago. I found a very heavily discounted ($12K) 2020 Chevy Bolt Premier.
So far I am very happy with my purchase. I previously owned a Nissan Leaf and I was very disappointed with the long term battery performance. I commuted about 40 miles to work every day and eventually could not make the trip during winter months.
Hoping and expecting much better from the Chevy.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Hoping and expecting much better from the Chevy.
Welcome to the forum. The Bolt might lose nearly half its range for you in winter, but sounds like you'll have no problem with its increased range over the Leaf. Plus, the Bolt's battery degrades very little due to its active temperature management of the battery. With the active management you can remote start the car in the morning while it's plugged in and potentially get the battery heated up before your morning commute. That will give you more range with a warmer battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm doing all my negotiating via email. Lowest price I've received so far was about 31k OTD for an LT model which seems way high considering some of the prices I am seeing on cars.com/autotrader/cargurus. However, I have only been communicating with dealerships local to me. I will say you should be cautious of the dealerships marking huge discounts - a lot of them are including offers that you probably won't eligible for (trade-in allowance, military, GM points). My goal is to find a 2020 LT for $24k before TTL/$26k OTD. As we all know car sales are pitiful right now which means it is an amazing time to be a buyer. I started my hunt a few days ago and am hoping for one of the dealers to be in a desperate situation to make a sale towards the end of the month 😉

1 - 11 of 11 Posts