Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often I want to have heat only in the driver floor area, since heated seat and steering wheel help otherwise. This often requires high temp setting (82-83) and at leat 2 or 3 fan setting to get the desired warmth. Curious if others are having same issue, or if I am missing a better way to get warmth in that area???

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
Often I want to have heat only in the driver floor area, since heated seat and steering wheel help otherwise. This often requires high temp setting (82-83) and at leat 2 or 3 fan setting to get the desired warmth. Curious if others are having same issue, or if I am missing a better way to get warmth in that area???
The AC runs much of the time along with the heater. This is intended to lower the relative humidity, to keep the windows from fogging. Go into the center screen settings and turn of the default "auto defog." Also, of you run the "auto" temperature feature, where the little orange LED is lite on the temperature knob, the AC will also run.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The AC runs much of the time along with the heater. This is intended to lower the relative humidity, to keep the windows from fogging. Go into the center screen settings and turn of the default "auto defog." Also, of you run the "auto" temperature feature, where the little orange LED is lite on the temperature knob, the AC will also run.
Thanks - I will try this!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Airflow comes from above the pedals behind the steering wheel. It is warm air that is going downward toward your feet so probably not the best design here. Usually warm air goes upward rather than downward. So you need strong airflow to counter this effect. If you decrease the diameter of the air hose blowing air downward this should increase the air speed and therefore allow you to decrease the fan speed.

Anyway, a simple solution that works for me is to close all the vents on the dash, put some clothes under the driver seat, push the recirculating button, max heat and blow toward my feet only when air is warm enough (I blow toward the windshield first). I get warm feet in no time.

·
Registered
2021 LT Nightshade Grey
293 Posts
Note that it factors in things like outside temperature and how much sun is hitting the windshield to determine what temperature the HVAC is outputting. Seems to work ok but not perfect. Sometimes I need to bump it up one degree to get it to feel warm.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Note that it factors in things like outside temperature and how much sun is hitting the windshield to determine what temperature the HVAC is outputting. Seems to work ok but not perfect. Sometimes I need to bump it up one degree to get it to feel warm.
I actually noticed that my HVAC system went from heating to cooling on one cool crisp sunny day when I turned 90% and the sun sensor went from being in shade to being in full sunlight. It was still just as cold out and I had to crank the temperature up in order to keep the cabin as warm as I wanted it to be.

·
Registered
2021 LT Nightshade Grey
293 Posts
I actually noticed that my HVAC system went from heating to cooling on one cool crisp sunny day when I turned 90% and the sun sensor went from being in shade to being in full sunlight. It was still just as cold out and I had to crank the temperature up in order to keep the cabin as warm as I wanted it to be.
It definitely has some flaws that they should have corrected in an update. No idea why they haven’t. I can usually get around that turning it up one or two degrees at most though. From my experience.

The time I have the most issues is on a day when it’s not crazy cold, and I run into a store to a couple of minutes and come back out it’s always way out of whack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts