Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all: The heated seats in my 2019 Premiere with 9K miles are not coming on. The white touch screen heated seat icon blinks as usual, but the three red dots don't light and neither does the seat come on (either side). The steering wheel heats. The HVAC system works. Everything else on the touch screen works. Any ideas to try before I take it in? I could not find a fuse for the seat heaters except for the general seat module fuse. Thanks to all respondents and happy thanksgiving to all. PS: My car was not subject to the initial battery recall, but of course is now up for the replacement. I did get the mid-spring (was that when it was?) software upgrade, and we are following the 90% max, 70 mi min, then move to the driveway after charging routine. I also had to replace the big fuse under the back seat (can't remember what it is called) in 2020 - it failed before the fuse recall and was replaced, then had to be replaced again to clear that recall. Other than that, no problems. I doubt any of this is related to the seat thing.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
254 Posts
Check your wires underneath the seat. Have you ever put something under the seat. Could have disconnected or cut the wire leading to the seat warmer under the seat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blinks? I don't think it's supposed to do that.
Thanks for replying: My word choice is not clear. The white heated seat icon is lit (as usual). When I tap it now, the tone beeps and the icon goes out for a brief moment, then re-lights. (I thought this was the usual icon behavior, but now that you ask, I can't swear to it - this is what it is doing now.) The 3 status dots stay dim and the heating element does not turn on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check your wires underneath the seat. Have you ever put something under the seat. Could have disconnected or cut the wire leading to the seat warmer under the seat
THanks for replying: It's pretty busy down there, isn't it?? There are no obvious loose connectors looking under from the front or rear seats (both sides). The visible connectors seem to be well-inserted and where they are supposed to be - nothing obviously hanging incorrectly. This weekend, I will pull a fuse or two to see if any are burnt out.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
It's worth a try to reset the Infotainment system since that's what runs the touchscreen and the heated seat indicator - hold down both the "Home" and "Next Track" buttons (right next to the volume knob) for about 10 seconds until the screen blanks out and the system reboots.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I agree on the reset idea. Might take it one step farther and remove the neg off 12V battery. One site said to press the horn button a few times to get any residual power out. Not sure about that yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts