Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a warm climate, and will likely never want my heated seats to activate.
My Bolt has the heated seat setting on "Auto". I can disable with about 5 touches to the infotainment screen (first touch shows 4 reds dots (assuming hot), then the next 4 touches make all the red dots go away.
But next start-up and it is back on "Auto" mode.
How do I change the base setting to "Off"?

·
Registered
61 Posts
There might be a menu option, but I don't know offhand; however, they will only come on if your temperature control is set to heat your car. Since you'll likely only ever be using vents or AC, this is a non-factor for you.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I live in a warm climate, and will likely never want my heated seats to activate.
My Bolt has the heated seat setting on "Auto". I can disable with about 5 touches to the infotainment screen (first touch shows 4 reds dots (assuming hot), then the next 4 touches make all the red dots go away.
But next start-up and it is back on "Auto" mode.
How do I change the base setting to "Off"?
There's an option in the vehicle setup menu to set the heated seats to manual. But if you're in a warm climate they probably won't come on anyway. I live in a cold climate and I've never noticed them coming on in the "Auto" mode. In fact I disabled "Auto" mode so that I have one less button press to make to get them to come on full.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I notice mine are on if the car is at least 10 degrees cooler than the desired temp (I have mine set to 21C normally). This morning was ~ 10C in my garage, so the seats were on low. When my garage drops below 0, they come on full blast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts