Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a newbie to Electric cars and loved the bolt in auto show. can't believe ended up getting one the first week of march this year :)

Now just the waiting time, apparently i was the 7th customer for the dealer and the dealers are allowed 7 per dealership. when inquired they say the 6th customers is in build stage... so no build date or vin# :confused: I'm guessing another 2 months at least

·
Registered
168 Posts
Request an update on the chat at GM Canada; they have more accurate build info than my dealer did. I also ordered first week of March (in st. Catharines). My build week was supposed to be last week, but got pushed to this week. Also, dealers across Ontario were all given different allotments. From what I understood, it was related to the number of Volts that the dealer sold.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the forum and grats on getting the last Bolt from your dealer! Have you looked into chargers yet? Something to do while you wait for your Bolt.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
welcome to the forums, that definitely sounds like a bit upsetting but like mentioned above, contacting GM would be the best bet.

Now which trim did you go with and what color??

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am new here, just wondering if anyone in Ontario was able to get anything better than MSRP?
nope. i pre ordered in January and the dealership kept saying they were not allowed to give any discounts, or no special interest rates for financing. They claim- supply vs demand, hence no budging on the price. I got free winter mats (whoohoo...... ) and refused to pay the 350$ "green fee" which they did accept, for nitrogen filled tires, and still got the nitrogen upon delivery.

·
Registered
735 Posts
What's funny is not too long after taking delivery of the Bolt you'll have to start thinking about preparing it for winter. Even earlier than that depending on what other owners here talk about in relation to that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just pre-ordered an 18 this past weekend.
The dealer didn't offer anything neither, not even the 350 nitro.
Not sure how this will turn out as we are talking about almost a yr later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also curious, did most of us go for the Premier? Not sure if it is just me being cheap ass, but I don't seem to see the need. Can someone please convince me below its too late to change my order on a LT with heated seat only.

·
Registered
979 Posts
the350$ "green fee"

the 350 nitro
I’m confused and drawing a blank on this. Don’t recall anything about a $350 fee. Googled ‘cost of nitrogen tire fill’ and got between $3 and $10 per tire.

My Bolt came with green coloured tire valve caps. I asked if that was part of the equipment required to drive alone in the HOV lane. A: “that means it’s got nitrogen in the tires”. Uhuh.

I’m guessing the dealer gets compensated via the PDI credit from GM, for putting nitrogen in the Bolt’s tires. And it appears some dealers are actually doing it..

Next morning after I measured the tire pressures cold I found they were significantly out of whack. I pumped them all up to 270 kPa-cold (vs. spec of 260) with my bicycle pump. Guess I’ve diluted the nitrogen a bit.

Regarding LT versus Premier. Strictly a personal choice. For me the leatherette and the rear heated seats are worth zero. Got quite smitten with the rear camera mirror and 360° surround camera though. And I like luggage rack capability. And the uplevel sound system makes it a marginally acceptable system. If you’re buying (vs lease) and thinking you may flip it in a year or two. The aftermarket may punish the LT since most of the first year deliveries are Premiers.

·
Registered
64 Posts

I’m confused and drawing a blank on this. Don’t recall anything about a $350 fee. Googled ‘cost of nitrogen tire fill’ and got between $3 and $10 per tire.

My Bolt came with green coloured tire valve caps. I asked if that was part of the equipment required to drive alone in the HOV lane. A: “that means it’s got nitrogen in the tires”. Uhuh.

I’m guessing the dealer gets compensated via the PDI credit from GM, for putting nitrogen in the Bolt’s tires. And it appears some dealers are actually doing it..

the "green" fee is a 2 year warranty on the tires for replacement and having nitrogen filled tires. (they are self sealing and hence no spare tire) I refused to pay it and they didnt fight me on it but its standard so they still came filled with nitrogen and the valva caps show the N2 symbol.
the fee shows up on the purchase order around the top where the administration fees are. (this too you can refuse to pay, i found out after the fact that the dealers cannot force you to pay the administration fee)

·
Registered
735 Posts
This is partially why I like living in the city since you have that many more dealers to go to if one won't budge or doesn't do things in a way they should. Further out when they know you have no other option aside from an independent... then it's not so favorable to you :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts