Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just got mt Bolt this week. Previous owner of a Volt and Leaf and Currently own the Bolt and a Model S. No gas for me!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You certainly have EV experience, so it will be nice to hear your feedback on the Bolt.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Obviously they do have some big differences but how do you feel they stack up when it comes down the essential use of them ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One for my wife and one for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bolt and Model S are totally different cars and different price points. I gave my Leaf to my son when I bought the Bolt. The Leaf and Bolt are cars hopefully used to keep too many miles on the Tesla. I consider the Bolt and the Leaf to be comparable. Bolt is faster, but has a harsher ride and crappy seats. I hated the electronics of the Leaf and infotainment package. Leaf range was only 84 rated. Connectivity sucked on the Leaf. Overall I didnt like the leaf.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
One for my wife and one for me.
Makes sense. Which one did you get? I must disclose that I have never driven a Model S, but I will say that for my daily driving I would much prefer the Bolt just because it is smaller and easier to park, maneuver and zip around. I would much prefer the Model S on a long road trip. It's awesome you have both options! I sincerely hope the Bolt measures up to your needs. The Model S is a high bar indeed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Bolt and Model S are totally different cars and different price points. I gave my Leaf to my son when I bought the Bolt. The Leaf and Bolt are cars hopefully used to keep too many miles on the Tesla. I consider the Bolt and the Leaf to be comparable. Bolt is faster, but has a harsher ride and crappy seats. I hated the electronics of the Leaf and infotainment package. Leaf range was only 84 rated. Connectivity sucked on the Leaf. Overall I didnt like the leaf.
Most definitely completely different cars, incomparable.

But the Bolt would definitely be the ideal "daily" over the Tesla I can imagine. I would just use the Tesla for occasions and the random longer distance trip (for the creature comforts)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts