Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a new to the forum. With some research, I will be the owner of a new Bolt EVU. I have ben searching for post that explains the buying process of the 2023 Bolts. My local dealers, in South East Louisiana are reluctant to order, much less sell a Bolt. I am looking for advice to help order the Bolt from a willing dealership. I am not a previous owner so I could not get put on that waiting list. Should I be reaching out to Texas, Alabama, or Florida dealerships as they would put an order in form me? For those who have ordered were ya'll able to get the MSRP price or was it marked up due to "chip shortage".
Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt Premiere
325 Posts
Try Donohoo Chevy in Fort Payne, AL. Not exactly next town
over from you- but a lot of members here got good deals from
them in the past. And more important; the dealer didn't give them
the run around.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
the run around.
Welcome to the forum 😀

Call Donohoo, not only will they not give the run-around, they are open to shipping the car to your house, and they are not the type to add fake dealer markups.

I don’t have personal experience with them, but they are a very popular dealership on this forum. They were my first thought for anyone even remotely close to AL.

Good luck, the car is worth the effort. I love my EUV 👍

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt and all Tesla models owned by me and my family
729 Posts
the run around.
My girlfriend and myself both from Nebraska bought from this dealer with big discounts 2 years ago. Definitely good Dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks ya'll. I hope the ev tax credit passes. In any event, I think the 2023 Bolt EVU premier has all the features that I want. I will contact them on Monday and start the process.
Thanks again.
Please let us know how it goes. The only dealer within 150 miles of me that has an EUV to test drive is your basic fast talking scum of the earth and I will never set foot on their lot again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dunno, I'm not sure what the Bolts will qualify for in the way of tax credits. The batteries are assembled in the US but I'm sure the raw materials come from China. $7500 would be very exciting, $3500 much less so.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I dunno, I'm not sure what the Bolts will qualify for in the way of tax credits. The batteries are assembled in the US but I'm sure the raw materials come from China. $7500 would be very exciting, $3500 much less so.
It is already bargains with new prices for 2023 ... you are welcome to spend 50k+ if this makes you happy on first year EV vs Bolt that has been around for quite some time and have been doing quite well ( cells issues are LG problems but GM is black sheep) and it is resolved for 2023 .

·
Registered
22 BOLT EUV
4 Posts
Dealerships are absolute garbage. On the flip side most of my friends that have ordered cars to ca go through Colorado or Utah there’s a few dealerships that won’t markup out there

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have never qualified for a tax refund. I am thinking of ordering a 2023 bolt euv before gm raises prices. Is this wise? Carvana has offered me $10.650 for my 2112 Malibu with 27000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have never qualified for a tax refund. I am thinking of ordering a 2023 bolt euv before gm raises prices. Is this wise? Carvana has offered me $10.650 for my 2112 Malibu with 27000 miles on it.
IF the Bolt qualifies for any tax credit, there is a provision for the dealer to take the tax credit and reduce you price by that amount. I think the most the Bolt MAY qualify for is $3,750. I don't think and EV will qualify for the the full $7,500 credit. And yes I have actually read the part of the bill about this.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you are on the market and trying to get in EV world this will be cheapest ticket to have one. Considering that you are aware of all advantages and limitations of this EV.
I have sold my Tesla and looking for 2023 Bolt to buy again. Reason behind, budget, recession in the way, good substitute to stay with EV world and wait for better EV vehicle's that are coming in near future. It is already bargain without any rebates involved.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,672 Posts
Chevy has reached the quota for ev federal tax credits if I read correctly.
Under the current tax credit rules, all of GM no longer qualifies. This proposed change will reinstate GM for credit eligibility, assuming the car meets the manufacturing criteria about battery content and manufacturing location.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Under the current tax credit rules, all of GM no longer qualifies. This proposed change will reinstate GM for credit eligibility, assuming the car meets the manufacturing criteria about battery content and manufacturing location.
Do we know what % is going to be open for Bolt. Propulsion unit and all other electrical like screens and propulsion units including battery cells are made by LG outside of the US.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,672 Posts
Do we know what % is going to be open for Bolt. Propulsion unit and all other electrical like screens and propulsion units including battery cells are made by LG outside of the US.
No one really knows for sure. Assuming the bill passes as written, the DOT Secretary has until year end to create the guidelines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts