Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Future Bolt owner here; I recently put down my deposit for a 2018 Premier. The forum looks like a good community and resource! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Future Bolt owner here; I recently put down my deposit for a 2018 Premier. The forum looks like a good community and resource! :)
Hey Rick, Hopefully I'll see you driving around town with it, I just saw a white one by Value Village today.

I put a deposit down for 2018 as well, and this place has helped me with questions greatly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rick, Hopefully I'll see you driving around town with it, I just saw a white one by Value Village today.
I saw a blue one on Kingston near Westney a couple of weeks ago. They're in the wild out here!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What kind of a delivery date were you given? I would also like to buy a Bolt in Ontario but the one year delivery wait has kept me on the sidelines so far. I hear the some dealers are now sold out of the 2018 model.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of a delivery date were you given? I would also like to buy a Bolt in Ontario but the one year delivery wait has kept me on the sidelines so far. I hear the some dealers are now sold out of the 2018 model.
No delivery date is set because the actual orders won't be made until later this fall. No one's sold out of 2018s because there's nothing to sell. Where a dealer may be in a situation that's essentially like being sold out, is if they have more people in line to make an order than the number of allocations they think they'll receive. They can still take your order, but if they had 5 2017 Bolts allocated to them, the odds you'll get a car drop the further you get from that baseline of 5.

The variable in all of this is where Bolt production and allocation levels will be for 2018. Maybe that dealer that had 5 in 2017 will benefit from increased production and will get a lot more for 2018. Or they might get 5 again. Who knows?!?!

That said, I'm fifth in line at my dealer, and having sold more than that in 2017, I'm likely to be in their second or third set of allotments. So, that could mean February, or March, or April, or maybe even January. Again, who knows what the production numbers will be and how many will be sent over here?!?! These were things that discussed with my salesman and he was upfront and honest in not making any promises. He could only go with what happened this year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No delivery date is set because the actual orders won't be made until later this fall. No one's sold out of 2018s because there's nothing to sell. Where a dealer may be in a situation that's essentially like being sold out, is if they have more people in line to make an order than the number of allocations they think they'll receive. They can still take your order, but if they had 5 2017 Bolts allocated to them, the odds you'll get a car drop the further you get from that baseline of 5.

The variable in all of this is where Bolt production and allocation levels will be for 2018. Maybe that dealer that had 5 in 2017 will benefit from increased production and will get a lot more for 2018. Or they might get 5 again. Who knows?!?!

That said, I'm fifth in line at my dealer, and having sold more than that in 2017, I'm likely to be in their second or third set of allotments. So, that could mean February, or March, or April, or maybe even January. Again, who knows what the production numbers will be and how many will be sent over here?!?! These were things that discussed with my salesman and he was upfront and honest in not making any promises. He could only go with what happened this year.
I have checked out about 40 dealers in the GTA area. All sold out their 2017 Bolt allocation by March. While they are not certain what their 2018 Bolt allocation will be, they are working under the assumption that it will be the same as their 2017 allocation. As I indicated before a number of these dealers have now taken as many 2018 Bolt orders as their assumed allocation for the entire year. I also spoke to several GM reps who indicated that they are well aware the the severe shortage of Bolts in Ontario but were unwilling to commit to any action to address it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have checked out about 40 dealers in the GTA area. All sold out their 2017 Bolt allocation by March. While they are not certain what their 2018 Bolt allocation will be, they are working under the assumption that it will be the same as their 2017 allocation. As I indicated before a number of these dealers have now taken as many 2018 Bolt orders as their assumed allocation for the entire year. I also spoke to several GM reps who indicated that they are well aware the the severe shortage of Bolts in Ontario but were unwilling to commit to any action to address it.
Yep, that's pretty much as "sold out" as they can be with what they know! This run on placing deposits on 2018 Bolts in the GTA must have really picked up after the Tesla Model 3 details came out because things weren't this tight last month when I was doing my legwork.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put down the deposit at the end of June and was told they estimate the car will be built in December and delivered in January. The didn't say exactly, but I think I'm either first in line or part of the first wave of allocations.
Dealer: RoyFoss Woodbridge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts