Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I picked up a new Kinetic Blue Bolt last month in Nashville. Installed a Siemens charger in my garage, and haven't stood at a gas pump since :D

1100 miles and happy so far!

Looking forward to making some minor improvements. First thing on the agenda will be finding some body side molding to protect these aluminum doors!

-Ed

·
Registered
770 Posts
Welcome BlueStreak Ed

I take it your drove your Bolt from Nashville back to somewhere in Alabama (I'm guessing Montgomery?)?

If so, what was the public charging infrastructure like on your travels?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
First thing on the agenda will be finding some body side molding to protect these aluminum doors!
Do those actually work? I find other cars just ding my old car no problem since they're different heights to mine defeating the purpose of the side moldings.

I park suuuuuper far away now to avoid dings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome BlueStreak Ed

I take it your drove your Bolt from Nashville back to somewhere in Alabama (I'm guessing Montgomery?)?

If so, what was the public charging infrastructure like on your travels?
I only had to go about 120 miles. For reference there's a complete Saturn V visible from my office window :nerd:

There is precious little in the way of chargers in the area at this point, but the Bolt has enough range to cover my 50 mile daily and 200 mile weekend averages with no sweat.

I wanted a Tesla S like my father's, but I'm going to, like him, wait until my retirement years for that.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I only had to go about 120 miles. For reference there's a complete Saturn V visible from my office window :nerd:
The vertical one, I presume?

I saw four Saturn V's on my cross-country trek in the fall of 2016, but that was the only vertical one. That trip would be extremely hard to do in a Bolt even today. Perhaps some day...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts