Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Arizona. Looking to buy a Bolt but no go in Az until April as told by a local dealer. Only 2-4 allotment a month in the beginning. $500 deposit for June July delivery. I asked dealer to locate one in Cali and he nearly had a heart attack telling me it's against dealer association rules to sell out of market>:). Is this true?
Thanks,
Steve

Reactions: eops

·
Registered
735 Posts
Don't know about that specific state and etc. but I know for a fact Tesla was in a similar situation. If you research into that odds are there will be information and insight useful to you.

Patience is especially important during this early phase

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the forum! bro1999 is getting his shipped outside of Ca/OR, so it's possible. I guess some dealers are more willing to break dealer association rules, if that is indeed true, than others.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I'm really not too sure on the rules and regulations on that as I've never inquired about it but like Bazinga said, Bro1999 I believe was in the process of trying to get that done. Would be good to pm him or pick his brain lol.

Are you in a big rush and don't want to wait until June/July ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off to Cali this weekend to test drive and order. Just saw in another post that Az will be May order July delivery. My dealer of choice in Az just confirmed this so off to Palm Springs we go. Found a few dealers there with about 5 Bolts on lots now just not the configuration I want. Figure if I order one should be available around March.

Reactions: eops

·
Registered
735 Posts
Off to Cali this weekend to test drive and order. Just saw in another post that Az will be May order July delivery. My dealer of choice in Az just confirmed this so off to Palm Springs we go. Found a few dealers there with about 5 Bolts on lots now just not the configuration I want. Figure if I order one should be available around March.
What things did you want in your configuration?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the forum! bro1999 is getting his shipped outside of Ca/OR, so it's possible. I guess some dealers are more willing to break dealer association rules, if that is indeed true, than others.
Mine just got loaded up on a truck, and should be making its way east to Georgia soon. Rydell Chevy sales rep told me to tell all my friends that this would be the last of the shipping Bolts out of state. GM informed them that due to lack of servicing dealers, would no longer be possible right now. So I may be the only one in Georgia to have a Bolt for a while. If I need service, could be out of luck for a while also. Hope not needed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Premier Kinetic Blue Infotainment Package DC fast charge. Build price $43,410. You got one?

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
SteveCaz, We were sort of surprised at the fact that Bro1999 found a CA dealer that would work with him for his out-of-state purchase. We absolutely could not get our dealer to budge on the GM policy. Maybe try Rydell again, and ask Bro1999 who his salesperson was?

I think GM is simply trying to limit the test market to CA and OR, so they can shake out the bugs in a confined area without too many cold weather issues. Most dealerships who want to sell Bolts already have their Service Departments trained up. Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
My dealer texted me a couple of days ago and said GM put the clamps on out of state sales. So someone trying to do what I did is seemingly SOL now. Maybe some GM bigwig got wind of my blog. LOL

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so here is what I have got from 2 dealers in the area. Dealer 1 if you can register in Ca we will sell you car. Dealer 2 no issue with buying from out of state come on in. I am on the fence. Want the car but....do I wait for July delivery. Gonna test drive since I will be out there and taking the Volt on a long over due non electric drive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
SteveCaz, We were sort of surprised at the fact that Bro1999 found a CA dealer that would work with him for his out-of-state purchase. We absolutely could not get our dealer to budge on the GM policy. Maybe try Rydell again, and ask Bro1999 who his salesperson was?

I think GM is simply trying to limit the test market to CA and OR, so they can shake out the bugs in a confined area without too many cold weather issues. Most dealerships who want to sell Bolts already have their Service Departments trained up. Best of luck!
Mine is coming by truck tomorrow, from Rydell, probably their next to last out-of-state sale. Good news that Jim Ellis Chevrolet in Atlanta already has a GM certified Bolt EV technician on staff, so service is only 100 miles away.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Ok so here is what I have got from 2 dealers in the area. Dealer 1 if you can register in Ca we will sell you car. Dealer 2 no issue with buying from out of state come on in. I am on the fence. Want the car but....do I wait for July delivery. Gonna test drive since I will be out there and taking the Volt on a long over due non electric drive.
If you register it in California, you will be paying sales tax in California and that's not cheap! Then, likely you'll pay some use tax in Arizona too when you transfer the title, I don't know. I would wait and buy it in Arizona.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
If you register it in California, you will be paying sales tax in California and that's not cheap! Then, likely you'll pay some use tax in Arizona too when you transfer the title, I don't know. I would wait and buy it in Arizona.
Nope. Somehow my Bolt was registered in CA, but I didn't pay any sales tax. Even got the CA plates mailed to me in MD. Not really sure how that happened? But it did.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So got to drive a Bolt on Friday. Very nice car and I am definitely going to buy one. Drove and LT and looked at Premier. Premier is the way to go. It was funny with the salesmen and GM going back and forth about me being able to buy one. I think I was the first "customer" in history with money in hand and GM employee discount not allowed to buy a car. Oh well going to have to wait but already told dealer here I want to order and have in first allocation and not first off the truck. We will have that answer tomorrow. Here is a picture of the one I drove. Love the color.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dealers that will be willing to sell bolts will service now. The guy in Lincoln NE is taking classes to learn how to repair bolts now. I had a rear door handle break. They ordered the part and will repair when it comes in.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
So got to drive a Bolt on Friday. Very nice car and I am definitely going to buy one. Drove and LT and looked at Premier. Premier is the way to go. It was funny with the salesmen and GM going back and forth about me being able to buy one. I think I was the first "customer" in history with money in hand and GM employee discount not allowed to buy a car. Oh well going to have to wait but already told dealer here I want to order and have in first allocation and not first off the truck. We will have that answer tomorrow. Here is a picture of the one I drove. Love the color.
That blue is awesome! It's on my list of possibilities for sure. I'm not usually a blue kind of guy, but this blue is really sweet.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts