Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Bolt EV LT 2019 Kinetic Blue
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I bought my Chevy Bolt EV back in sept 2019 and I just love it! I want to upgrade the audio system, and this nice forum landed on my lap while researching for my project! I'm an electronic technician and have designed, build, installed and calibrated car audio gear in the past, but in older cars with conventional head-units. The audio system in the Bolt EV, and probably most other cars of recent vintage are quite another ball game! :) I will continue the planing of my project and ask for a few more infos if needed, then later I'll share my project for other to benefits!

Cheers!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi. Nice LT you got there.

This is what @MDBolt and I did to our Bolts and we couldn't be happier. The speakers we used are excellent!!!!

Hope it helps you out.

·
Registered
Chevrolet Bolt EV LT 2019 Kinetic Blue
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Digi! Several useful tricks in this thread you refered. I intend to do a somewhat more involved install with amplification, DSP, custom sub box and damping treatment. The audio gear side is easy for me. Removing panels, accessing harness, routing new cabling nicely is actually where I'll need help! In other older cars I have done, a lot of things were screwed to the body instead of held in place by easy-to-break clips and brackets! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts