Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums :)

What are you currently driving around and do you have any experience with hybrids or EVs ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums :)

What are you currently driving around and do you have any experience with hybrids or EVs ?
Thanks.

We've usually stumbled into inexpensive used cars from friends, family, etc. We bought our first new car in 2013, a Ford Focus. No experience whatsoever with hybrids or EVs.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thanks.

We've usually stumbled into inexpensive used cars from friends, family, etc. We bought our first new car in 2013, a Ford Focus. No experience whatsoever with hybrids or EVs.
Oh okay nice. Just for curiosity sake, why do you want to go EV ?? How much do you regularly commute?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh okay nice. Just for curiosity sake, why do you want to go EV ?? How much do you regularly commute?
Why an EV? Just seems like a good thing to do. The Bolt is super fun to drive, and though I'm not an expert on pollution, etc., it seems like it's a good thing for the environment.

I am self-employed with both a home office and downtown office 2.9 miles away.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Why an EV? Just seems like a good thing to do. The Bolt is super fun to drive, and though I'm not an expert on pollution, etc., it seems like it's a good thing for the environment.

I am self-employed with both a home office and downtown office 2.9 miles away.
Don't expect to find any good reasons related to saving the environment since there are so many things to consider. Once we get more cleaner ways to produce energy then we can start saying with confidence that it will help pollution within a reasonable timeframe.

Like you i'm buying for its "Green" face value.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Depending on where you live, a majority of the electricity could very well come from renewable resources.
But with how little you need to travel for work, an EV sounds like a great idea. May need to charge only once every month if you're like me and only run errands once a week. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Adoreizi. A bit slow to respond. Santa Barbara.
Nice! I love making weekend trips down to SB...pretty soon I will be able to in a Bolt on a single charge with tons of range to spare! I'm planning on getting one at the end of the year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats on considering a Bolt. I've owned one for 3 months and I'm very happy with it. Here are some responses and factors to your message:

* I do think it's green and a good decision from that perspective on several fronts. You can sit in traffic to your heart's content and not pollute the air. If you have solar electricity from your house, your electricity is essentially 'free' once you have passed the break-even point (4 years for me). I was reading that after 20 years of photovoltaic power generation, there is enough efficiency and enough panels out there that the pollution caused by creating the PV solution is now less than the generation of equivalent power.

* Take advantage of the variety of rebates offered now.

* I drive 90% of my time less than 50 miles a day and maybe a couple of times a month in the 100-150 mile range. The Bolt meets my needs with plenty of power, no range concerns, head room and storage room for those trips to Costco. Yeah, there are a few nits to pick, such as the seat comfort, but I'm not in the car long enough for this to be a major concern.

* I have a level 2 charger at home which charges the car completely overnight. How will you be charging?

* I do have a mini-van for long trips and projects (sheet rock, plywood...) and just because we need two cars.

Cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome, I used to live in SLO and now am down in LA, just got my Bolt last week. Can't wait to make my first road trip to SLO!

BTW, have you seen this video of a guy who takes his Bolt on a long road trip from LA to Morro Bay?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts