Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I'm a current 2010 VW TDI owner part of the dieselgate mess. I'm planning on doing the buy back and get a bolt in 2 months. I always wanted do a electric car for a long time since 2008. When I learned about the white zombie EV. I actually bought a 1990's mk2 VW golf that I was going to convert to electric in 2011. I'm very mechanically inclined. However I quickly learned I didn't have enough money to do it the way I wanted to and abandoned the project. I been waiting and waiting for a production EV like this with speed, range, affordability and still practical as a daily driver.

I'm very excited about the bolt. Already looked and test drove it at two dealers. Drove it hard in sport mode on back roads, 85mph on highway, AC blasting on a hot day. Even driving it like that. I calculated via odometer and kwh battery level before/after. That I was getting 170 miles per charge, I'm impressed. Doesn't handle like a German car that is for sure but bolt is crazy fast.

Can't believe GM/Chevy out of all companies made such a revolutionary EV car. With plans to increase production and not destroy them. Anybody that seen "who killed the electric car" knows what I mean. Yeah technically the bolt is like 90% Korean but GM/Chevy made it happen, I'm stunned. I think the bolt/model 3 are the cars that will jump start a EV revolution in America. By year 2020 and when oil prices go back up you will see millions of EV's on the roads I guarantee it.

Think what I'm most excited about in owning a 100% EV. Is educating people and showing that we can drive more green, use no oil doing it and still have a fun/practical vehicle that doesn't break the bank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, we just joined this forum. We've had our Bolt for about 2 weeks. We too had to sell our VW Jetta TDI fraudmobile back to VW.

We love our Bolt, so far. We still have a lot to learn about it. We have less than 1,000 miles on it so far. We have just hired an electrician to install the 240-volt charging station in our garage. That is important, because with the standard 120-volt charger, you basically have to have it plugged in all the time you're not using it, and if you drive it too much you can use up charge faster than you can renew it at home. A 240-volt charger can fill the battery overnight. The advertised range is real: I drove from Hartford, CT to my home in south-central Massachusetts, a distance of 80 miles, and I still had 150 miles in the battery. And I drove that distance aggressively because I needed to get home by a certain time.

We bought the Premier version that has all the safety cameras and the 600-volt DC fast charging option.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We have just hired an electrician to install the 240-volt charging station in our garage. That is important, because with the standard 120-volt charger, you basically have to have it plugged in all the time you're not using it, and if you drive it too much you can use up charge faster than you can renew it at home.
I recommend plugging it in anytime you aren't useing it anyway. This way you will never forget to plug it in overnight. One of the great things about an EV is that you never have to stop for gas, and you start each day with a full charge, even if you don't need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts