Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
I hear you on EVgo rates. But for someone who's on a trip and wants to charge and be on his way then it may well be worth it to pay extra for a much faster charge. And in that case a DC Fast Charge has no equal.
That would be $22 for an hour charge (NOT on a plan) and I wouldn't be able to charge at 50kW for that whole hour. THAT is what gets me.

There is NO incentive to use their "plans" You don't get any real discount ! If you paid $20 a month, you should get $0.10 a min All other plans are no different then just calling.

If you make charging MORE THEN GAS then it isn't worth it. Electric is NOT that expensive... yes I know that putting it in and all that, but they had to do that with the gas pumps too and storage tanks etc....

edit to add that the Bolt lowers the kW put in around 70%, so I am NOT going to pay top $$ for 24kW when someone else is getting 50kW. as in they get more juice in a shorter amount of time, therefore they are getting 2 for the price of 1

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
That would be $22 for an hour charge (NOT on a plan) and I wouldn't be able to charge at 50kW for that whole hour. THAT is what gets me.
Sure, and if there were another DCFC available at a more reasonable price, then it's a no-brainer to choose it. But if I'm on a road trip and the EVgo is the only DCFC within a few hundred km, and if the alternative is sitting for 6 or 7 hours at a Level 2 charger - even if it's considerably cheaper - then I'll pony up the money. My time is worth something too.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
If that is the case, I would rent a GAS car. Love my EV bet let's be realistic about it. If time is an issue then you would not drive an EV with limited range
I dunno. I think there's room for a leisurely pace that can accommodate stopping for an hour for lunch while fast charging, yet still not wanting to spend 4 hours at a Level 2 charger.

But to each his own, of course.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Does anyone know the quiescent power draw of the Chargepoint charger?
Hi! If you're referring to ChargePoint Home (our home charging station), it is the first to be Energy Star certified!

A charger can become certified by being tested and proven to use energy efficiently in standby mode, when no vehicle is plugged in, and when the product is partially on.

Here's more on how EnergyStar recognizes efficiency in EV chargers, and more details about the ChargePoint Home certification. :)

I'll check with our team to see if there is a fact sheet available with specifics of draw, that I might send your way!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Does anyone know the quiescent power draw of the Chargepoint charger?
Hi! If you're referring to ChargePoint Home (our home charging station), it is the first to be Energy Star certified!

A charger can become certified by being tested and proven to use energy efficiently in standby mode, when no vehicle is plugged in, and when the product is partially on.

Here's more on how EnergyStar recognizes efficiency in EV chargers, and more details about the ChargePoint Home certification. :)

I'll check with our team to see if there is a fact sheet available with specifics of draw, that I might send your way!
ChargePoint Home standby power (powered with no vehicle connected) is 1.9 W and the CT4k standby is 7 W. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Charging at home can be tricky if you live in a condo and have to get approval from your HOA to charge.

We've had hundreds of conversations with EV drivers to provide you with simple tips that will make it easy for your HOA to say “yes!” to your EV charging request.

You'll find our top 3 tips for negotiating with your HOA and a free eBook on condo charging, on the ChargePoint blog!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
We're honored to have had the opportunity to partner with Associa to share and explore how getting around in gas cars affects emissions and local air quality.

We also offer information on how HOA board members can help make a difference by promoting alternative transit in their community.

You can find the full post here, on the Associa website!

Is your HOA board enabling your community to reduce emissions and improve air quality?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe you've answered this already, but when are you going to open up your DCFC's on Interstate 5 between the Grapevine and Sacramento?

I plan on driving up to Santa Cruz next week and would love to go the I-5 to Hiway 152 Pacheco Pass route once again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Treat yourself to faster home charging this holiday season with 15% off ChargePoint Home, until December 22nd!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here in the ChevyBolt community!

Don't miss out on deeper discounts! The ChargePoint Home is the only home EV charger the works with Nest and is ENERGY STAR certified. Now offering 20% off until 12/22!

·
Registered
392 Posts
i bought mine from autochargers.ca who are honoring the 15% off during this promotion. Dang i wish I waited for that extra 5% ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's it. We don't need Window$ on anything as there many other choices.

For ChargePoint, I used one in Concord, NH last month, so after holding my card close the charging station start and 5 hours later notice that the charge was free of charge!!!
It maybe free because the hotel pay for the electricty or don't know why but I loved it. Can be good if on the map by the apps or web site, free charging station have a different colors or shape.
Yes, I heard that the cost depends on the property where the charger is installed at. One of my employer's locations offers free charging for the first hour, and then charge by the hour for the time the charger is left plugged in past the free hour.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts
About this Discussion
135 Replies
60 Participants
sly
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing