Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, All -

Picked up my Bolt yesterday! It's part of a series of major life changes for me: I've just left 20 years in an industry where I traveled 3 weeks/month to stay home and start a small business with my wife and now my daily driver is a small EV instead of a highly modified, gas guzzling 4x4 (which I still have for offroading purposes).

I really enjoy working on cars, I've done all the suspension and drivetrain/gear work on my other car, so having a maintenance-free EV is going to be an adjustment!

I already have a bunch of questions, this being my first EV, and I'll be searching the forum for answers. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learning more about my new car!

Cheers -

James

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Greetings, All -

Picked up my Bolt yesterday! It's part of a series of major life changes for me: I've just left 20 years in an industry where I traveled 3 weeks/month to stay home and start a small business with my wife and now my daily driver is a small EV instead of a highly modified, gas guzzling 4x4 (which I still have for offroading purposes).

I really enjoy working on cars, I've done all the suspension and drivetrain/gear work on my other car, so having a maintenance-free EV is going to be an adjustment!

I already have a bunch of questions, this being my first EV, and I'll be searching the forum for answers. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learning more about my new car!

Cheers -

James
Welcome and ask away on the questions! I find that having your daily driver be maintenance free allows more time to spend on other projects! That's my theory and I'm sticking to it! I freakin' love this car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome & congratulations!! My EV experience has been 2 Volts and
my new BOLT EV. Love this thing!!
Thanks, hodad!

Welcome to the forums and congratulations!

What trim and color did you get your Bolt in?
Thanks, Electro - it's pretty basic, LT package with comfort & convenience in nightfall grey.

Welcome and ask away on the questions! I find that having your daily driver be maintenance free allows more time to spend on other projects! That's my theory and I'm sticking to it! I freakin' love this car!
Ha! The offroad vehicle is my "other projects" - next on the list (now that it's no longer my daily driver) - dismantle both differentials and toss in deeper gears. Going from 3.36 to 4.10. But my guess is, most folks here don't care too much about my non-electric vehicle :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks, hodad!

Thanks, Electro - it's pretty basic, LT package with comfort & convenience in nightfall grey.

Ha! The offroad vehicle is my "other projects" - next on the list (now that it's no longer my daily driver) - dismantle both differentials and toss in deeper gears. Going from 3.36 to 4.10. But my guess is, most folks here don't care too much about my non-electric vehicle :D
Do you think Chevy could have done more to the base model? Some people I spoke to coming from higher end vehicles suggested that. But from what I noticed some of the things that could have been included, dealers could throw in if they want to be nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think Chevy could have done more to the base model? Some people I spoke to coming from higher end vehicles suggested that. But from what I noticed some of the things that could have been included, dealers could throw in if they want to be nice.
I do think there are a few things that should have been included in the base model. A fast-charge USB port comes to mind. I don't recall if the premium model offered electric seats, but I am wishing I had them. Ditto on garbage receptacle sunglass/garage opener holder. These are very basic and should have been included. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the car.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I do think there are a few things that should have been included in the base model. A fast-charge USB port comes to mind. I don't recall if the premium model offered electric seats, but I am wishing I had them. Ditto on garbage receptacle sunglass/garage opener holder. These are very basic and should have been included. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the car.
The front USB ports are fast charge capable of 1.5A to 2A. If you plug in an iPhone with CarPlay disabled, you'll get 1.5A. With CarPlay enabled, for some reason it throttles it down to 1A. I don't have a modern Android phone to test it, but I suspect similar behavior. I do know that I can charge a USB battery bank at the full 2A the port can supply. Dunno if it is a bug with the Infotainment unit. I need to call Chevy's Infotainment line and file a bug about it.

No electric seats in the Premier, other than being heated.

Lack of a Homelink garage door opener is solved by a $20 remote off of Amazon. It's annoying, but hardly a deal killer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts