Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Hello from Future Bolt owner in San Jose

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  PeterT 
#1 ·
I too ordered a Bolt from Boardwalk in Redwood City. All I know is I am in their first allocation having put a deposit down 9/24. I am having one built to my specs since we drive cars a long time. I have an order number and a production code of 3000 "accepted by production control". My Prius just rolled over to 77,777 miles on the odometer so I am ready. Thanks for all the discussions and info in this forum.

#2 ·
77K miles on a Prius? That's barely broken in! :) My 2012 Plug-in Prius is at 112K miles. And when I sold my son my 2005 Prius 4.5 years ago, it was at 163K miles (now at 230K or more miles).

Do you have a Target Production Week (TPW) yet? And what trim level and options did you order? My TPW is currently 11/28, but a co-worker who ordered his from the same dealership after I did has a TPW of 11/14. We both ordered Premiers with all the goodies, including DC fast charging. Only difference between our two vehicles is the color: I went for Kinetic Blue Metallic, and he went for the Orange Burst Metallic.

#3 ·
My Prius has been great but little things are starting the break here and there. It's 11 years old ...

I haven't been bugging the dealership for my TPW - I might check in next week if I haven't heard from them.

I ordered the Premier also with all the goodies but color is Cajun Red with light ash/ceramic white interior.

I also ordered my vanity plate for the car - not very original - "Bolt EV"

#4 ·
I just dropped the hammer in South San Francisco with the dealer in Serramonte yesterday. Good experience so far. They asked for a $1000 refundable deposit.

Went for the loaded Premier in Cajun Red also, but with the all dark gray interior. BTW, the salesman begged me NOT to order the Ceramic White; he said it shows dirt like crazy and Chevy issued a warning saying that it turns yellow with age and that the yellowing event is not covered under warranty. Scared me off from it, but it sounds purty!

He advised against the fast charge for the type of driving we intend, but in thinking about it today, especially if I end up buying instead of leasing, I think I'll call back and add it in. If I keep the car longer than a lease, I'm sure more and more L3's will get added and having FC should also add a bit to resale value.

I'm leaning toward purchase instead of lease. I was all set to lease to shift the resale liability onto the manufacturer because of rapidly changing technology. But at 228 mile range, that line of thinking may not be so valid.

#6 ·
Went for the loaded Premier in Cajun Red also, but with the all dark gray interior. BTW, the salesman begged me NOT to order the Ceramic White; he said it shows dirt like crazy and Chevy issued a warning saying that it turns yellow with age and that the yellowing event is not covered under warranty. Scared me off from it, but it sounds purty!
Ceramic white for the interior? Or do you mean the exterior paint in Summit white? I'm confused.

I guess I need help in the options available since all I'm aware of is the info I see on the chevy website

Thanks!
Tim

#5 ·
Thanks for the info on the lighter interior. I plan on getting window tinting for UVa which hopefully will help reduce the discoloration. I just personally prefer the lighter color on the interior.

Congrats on making the leap!

#13 ·
Joined this forum yesterday and am coming from a Spark EV to a Volt Premier Gen 2 and now to a silver ice metallic Bolt Premier with all options except the DCFC. Beyond being pricey at $750, I wouldn't use it as the Bolt won't be used on road trips (I have a second car that is more suitable than the Bolt for that purpose).

Chevy Chat gave me a 3000 TPW with a build date of the week of Nov. 28. I'm hoping for a Dec. delivery so I don't have to wait an additional year for the $7500 tax credit.

I'm a little concerned about possible teething problems with the purchase of the newly designed Bolt from one of its early production runs, but the build quality of my Spark and the Volt was top notch. Never had to take either one of them back to the dealer for a fix during the year I owned each car.

I loved driving the spunky little Spark EV, but I couldn't resist the Gen 2 Volt when it came out. Although it wasn't the easiest car to get into and out of, I figured I'd get used to it. I didn't. After reading everything I could find about the Bolt, I took the plunge because I see it as an electric Spark on steroids.

Hoping the General will present me with a Christmas present!

Reactions: boeselhack
#15 ·
IMO never liked taking my own vehicle on road trips although I have done it a few times. Prefer renting from a company like Hertz. Plus it saves you from racking up too many miles too soon for obvious reasons

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.