Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased Cajun Red Premier on Thursday. Can not get the Bolt in Gettysburg yet and the local dealer was only expecting to receive one this fall. Purchased at dealer in Gaithersburg MD after learning that my dentist just purchased one from this dealer and they had 28 in inventory. 66 mile trip but worth it since I was able to get what I wanted. Traded in a 2001 Ford Focus Wagon that had a lot of issues. Our other vehicle is a 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Wanted to go all electric for the majority of the driving we do. 200+ range will meet those needs. Enjoying learning about the car and the unique experience of owning an all electric vehicle.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats John!

Seems like Cajun Red is becoming very popular lately.

Are you installing a L2 EVSE at home?

PS- visited Gettysburg a few years ago with my kids... loved it, and the locals were very friendly too.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You arrived at the perfect time, lots of information here that any new and potential owner will find to be highly valuable, aside from other Bolt/Volt communities. Were you looking at any other EV's before pulling the trigger on a Bolt?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Welcome aboard, pilgrim! I, too, am a smuggler, buying in Frederick MD. Bolts will not be available in WV till the late Fall. This Forum is an invaluable asset populated by honest, concerned, and non-judgmental "friends we will likely never meet"!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats John!

Seems like Cajun Red is becoming very popular lately.

Are you installing a L2 EVSE at home?

PS- visited Gettysburg a few years ago with my kids... loved it, and the locals were very friendly too.
Yes, Considering the Clipper Creek EVSE. Seems all the recommendations say it is the best.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum.

You arrived at the perfect time, lots of information here that any new and potential owner will find to be highly valuable, aside from other Bolt/Volt communities. Were you looking at any other EV's before pulling the trigger on a Bolt?

Considered the new Tesla Model 3 but I have always had a station wagon. When the Bolt came out was immediately interested since it is similar to the Focus wagon we traded.

John

·
Registered
195 Posts
:DThe Bolt is a great EV. Exciting and fun. Enjoy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
John,
I'm a little slow on the welcome. I get through Gettysburg every month or so keep a look out for my Kinetic Blue one, I will definitely be looking for yours. Like surgeonFWW I got mine in Fredrick. Have you applied for the PA Rebate?

·
Registered
17 Posts
John,
I'm a little slow on the welcome. I get through Gettysburg every month or so keep a look out for my Kinetic Blue one, I will definitely be looking for yours. Like surgeonFWW I got mine in Fredrick. Have you applied for the PA Rebate?
I thought you can't get the PA rebate unless you buy it in PA (that's why I bought mine in Harrisburg rather than, say, Bel Air which has a lot more choices). I put my application in at the beginning of the month, haven't heard anything yet back from them. There were only like 120 spots left for the PA EV rebate left at the beginning of the month.
Also, they require your mileage to be <500 to be eligible to apply for the rebate. (Don't know why they picked that number).

·
Registered
70 Posts
I thought you can't get the PA rebate unless you buy it in PA (that's why I bought mine in Harrisburg rather than, say, Bel Air which has a lot more choices). I put my application in at the beginning of the month, haven't heard anything yet back from them. There were only like 120 spots left for the PA EV rebate left at the beginning of the month.
Also, they require your mileage to be <500 to be eligible to apply for the rebate. (Don't know why they picked that number).
No you don't need to BUY it in PA, it just needs to be registered in PA. With mine the dealership took about a week to get new car title paperwork. I went back to pick it up. That same day I took it to the Tag Service in PA and had zero issues with getting PA plates and registration. I was then able to submit the bill of sale, registration, and copy of the canceled check to through the online portal. 6 weeks later I had my check. The last update I saw there are only 114 rebates left (all EVs) and filing must be by the end of August. When I did mine the cut-off was June 30th, so they extended the program for an extra couple months.

I drive to Harrisburg daily for work. Any chance I'll be seeing another Bolt in my daily commute?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dadrick sorry I didn't see your reply until now. I have a Bolt LT Kinetic Blue too but I don't get on Route 30 that often in the morning (I'm mostly on the west and south side of York).
About that PA rebate, I still haven't gotten it after 5 weeks. They seem to have extended it till the end of the year though. I just sent them an email to ask where the application ended up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
South and west of York is my stomping grounds keep an eye out, you never know when you'll have a "Bolt in the Wild" sighting.

If you don't get an email response soon try giving them a call; the number is on the website. The woman that answered was very nice and looked mine up in their system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
John,
I opened a new account "popsjohn" and will not be using the John M Kiehl anymore. It was too formal. Glad to see that others in my area have a Bolt. I did apply for the PA rebate just before the deadline at the time of 8/31. I had similar experience in going to Penn Dot in Harrisburg to make sure there was no delay in getting the proper documentation. Waiting for the check but don't expect it yet based on the 6 week turnaround I've seen from others.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts