Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Have been lurking for a while and learning a lot, so decided to register tonight. Thank you to everyone who makes this forum such a great place!

Put a deposit down in mid-August, presumably for a 2018 (though the dealer was non-committal about whether that would actually happen, said it would likely be close to a year, and that when all is said and done we may be looking at a 2019).

Got excited the other day to see my first Bolt in the wild at a stoplight in Waterloo. Lots of Volts in this region, and it seems as if I am seeing more every day, but I have my heart set on a Bolt. :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Many car makers are going to every other year modeling. With the phased rollout of the 2017 Bolt EV, with central states (including WV) not even selling it until September, it seems ridiculous to offer a new version in October (which is when when most "new year" models were released). Plus, there wasn't any time for feedback on problems and preferences, much less for redesign and retooling! So it seems that aiming for a 2019 model change is more likely. It is a shame that the wait is that long, but with "low volume" models, "ordering" rather than "picking out" may become the norm.

In a very high tech car like the Tesla, software updates are more important than the hardware changes. They make the car sold two years ago just as functional as the one sold two weeks ago. (A friend in Oregon says his Model S gets updated during the night almost every other week. And it can do what every "more-modern" Tesla S can do.) Will GM adopt a similar strategy? I think not, but only time will tell!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many car makers are going to every other year modeling. With the phased rollout of the 2017 Bolt EV, with central states (including WV) not even selling it until September, it seems ridiculous to offer a new version in October (which is when when most "new year" models were released). Plus, there wasn't any time for feedback on problems and preferences, much less for redesign and retooling! So it seems that aiming for a 2019 model change is more likely. It is a shame that the wait is that long, but with "low volume" models, "ordering" rather than "picking out" may become the norm.
That's an interesting way of looking at it -- I had not thought of that. I was just thinking that I would have to wait extra long because, since I might be so far back in the line, I wouldn't even get a chance at a 2018 . . . .I'm lucky in that I don't need a new car right now, but was hoping to replace my current vehicle (2008) after the winter anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered my Bolt in February and they are supposedly building it now . Dealer said should be here sometimes in October. Not sure if that's going to happen since originally dealer said should get it by June. I am in Flamborough area not too far from Guelph. I did see a Bolt go north on HWY 6 the other day, So they are slowly coming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered my Bolt in February and they are supposedly building it now . Dealer said should be here sometimes in October. Not sure if that's going to happen since originally dealer said should get it by June. I am in Flamborough area not too far from Guelph. I did see a Bolt go north on HWY 6 the other day, So they are slowly coming.
Very cool -- I am assuming you went to a dealer in Hamilton?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts