Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to drive an EV for many years... I owned a converted 1985 Chevy S-10 EV pickup (120VDC) for about 5 years (until the body and chassis rusted out and it wasn't safe anymore). I considered converting my 99 Passat to EV when it "died", and it lasted almost 20 years (no rust)... then the Bolt arrived! I had some major repairs ahead on the Passat, and several rebates were available and ending soon, so I went for it.

The Bolt is a great car and a great EV. The Tesla may be cool, but too expensive for me (even the "3",when they are ever shipped), and I like the Bolt design better anyway. I will mainly use it for commuting and local errands since I also have a minivan for long trips, camping, and hauling stuff that won't fit in the Bolt. I didn't even consider other EVs with lesser ranges and higher prices. I was considering the Volt, but since I already have ICE vehicles, it was no contest once the Bolt was available.

I would love to have a "Volt" version of the minivan though! Use the same hybrid powertrain, but with double the "Bolt" battery pack. Maybe GM will offer one in a couple years?

Just ordered the Clipper Creek HCS-50 for my garage (i will mount it outside, though as my cars reside in the driveway...) I have been charging with the 120V EVSE that came with the Bolt, and got a partial DC charge at the dealer last week to try it out (nice).

I LOVE my Bolt!:D 2017 Premier, black, with DCFC and all options.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I like your decisiveness on the Bolt over other EVs.
What color is your Bolt and what type of driving is in your plans (such as long trips)?

Look around the site there are plenty of great opinions here.
:)

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
I would love to have a "Volt" version of the minivan though! Use the same hybrid powertrain, but with double the "Bolt" battery pack. Maybe GM will offer one in a couple years?
It doesn't have the large battery you're looking for, but the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is a very Volt-like minivan that you can buy today.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I owned a converted 1985 Chevy S-10 EV pickup (120VDC) for about 5 years (until the body and chassis rusted out and it wasn't safe anymore).
Details! 0-60? Biggest tow? Range?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts