Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow Bolt followers, owners, and soon to be drivers of this awesome vehicle. I recently lost my best travel comrade - 2002 530I I purchased almost 16 years ago. Now having my new Bolt after 3 weeks and 1300 miles I want to change my career.

LOVE THE CAR. everyone waiting I cannot say how awesome it is to ride a car with some POWER. NO lie, everything people say about the comfort, looks, and some quality in finishing is true, major improvements needed, but really what a ride.

My big test was I able to go from the Vernon Hills Mall to Fitchburg WI, about 150 miles with 50 to spare(No to minimum AC).

I purchased the jukebox. love the box, but the WIFI is not picking up. I may have to swap it out. Thank goodness for Amazon PRIME.

But seriously I have been following this feed bits and pieces from the side lines and happy to be a part of this club.

There are new things I am discovering everyday and I just found out how awesome the "SPORT" button is........

·
Registered
220 Posts
We've had ours about a month or so and I can say this car does have a long "honeymoon" period, I'm still excited to go drive it and tinker with it every chance! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Welcome aboard. Ask lots of questions. We look forward to hearing your experiences and learning from you. (P.S. We have NOT taken up a collection for speeding ticket receivers, so watch that "Sport Mode" use!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for the TIP DOC. I quickly realized it. The cops know us having had two old cars die back to back. One from a senior and one from a junior - both texting. LOL.

BBG523 - I will look into the suggestion. I will post any success failure.

So to continue on my journey. I hit 3 weeks with the car and it is outstanding. I am approaching 1700 miles and 300$ in gas savings from my buddy, 530i(I say that I as I would not have replaced my spotless, well running approaching 200K german beast).

TO further any new buyers use a big new car web solicitor. there are tons out there just make sure it can find you a NEW CAR. find the lowest price and negotiate it from the closest dealer. I am looking through some of the recent posts on COSTCO etc etc etc......INVENTORY IS INVENTORY. if a dealer has too many they will make a deal. I had one that I have not seen so far on this feed. Don't be afraid to spend 100$ UBER to drive to save alot from MSRP. Sorry I do get on a soapbox as if you connect with me on LINKEDIN.

But for all the SHOULD I BUY OR NOT, buying is a no brainer!!!!. IF you drive 2k miles a month and consume 30 miles to gallon, do the math - 200$ is your cost. Even better, if you have a gas eater like I did, 19 miles (there are government websites you can google to get this info) I am saving 315$ from the pump, 300$ run rate on maintenance giving me a ton of $$$ to buy an extra set of tires for the winter.....Recommendations on this and how to store the spares.....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome aboard. Ask lots of questions. We look forward to hearing your experiences and learning from you. (P.S. We have NOT taken up a collection for speeding ticket receivers, so watch that "Sport Mode" use!)
I like to switch between Sport, L and D depending on how much control I want. Usually I'm in L but it gets tiring after a while having all that control so will go to D. I like L and Sport for when I'm zipping around town at moderate speeds >:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts