Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I live in eastern Iowa. As I write this I'm waiting for the white 2017 Bolt LT I ordered to be built and delivered to the local Chevrolet dealer. I can't be sure but I might be the first one in my part of the state to be getting a Bolt. I can't wait for it to arrive and am looking forward to sharing many photos and information about the Bolt.

My current avatar is of my 2012 Chevy Volt. It's a good vehicle that has served me well. The Volt sold me on electric vehicles and I'm ready to go totally electric. If the Bolt hadn't come out I would have gotten another Volt probably already.

Jesse
Dubuque, Iowa

Reactions: surgeonFWW

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will be ordering a Bolt for Florida delivery, when and if they get their dealerships on line. What percentage off MSRP did you negotiate for your Iowa ordered car ?
I know many of the discounts mentioned in the west coast area are for cars on the lot.
Also, as the 2017 year ends, the discounts should be easier.
Thanks...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Grats on putting in a Bolt order. Hopefully your wait won't be too long, but in the meantime are you driving your Volt?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
When there are no models "on the lot", they are not paying monthly for the inventory and have less incentive to negotiate. On Bolts, their profit margin is pretty low. Also, they know that you will get the Federal IRS rebate (up to, but NOT always, $7500) so they feel less like "dealin". If you "order" one, you negotiate your price before ordering/arrival. In my case, I gave the MD dealership MY specifications (color, DCFC capability, and "Driver Confidence Package". I did not want the sound upgrade. They found one at another dealership (all my specs but WITH the sound upgrade) and got it within 3 weeks. Without my asking or negotiating, they discounted the sound package amount. My BoltEV is worth every penny I paid for it and the "no hassle" aspect of the deal allowed me to concentrate on learning the systems & features before I began my 350 mile journey back home. Good luck. You WILL love it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Have you gotten to test drive the Bolt first prior to ordering it at all? Get a feel for how the seat fits and what not?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep

Grats on putting in a Bolt order. Hopefully your wait won't be too long, but in the meantime are you driving your Volt?
Thank you. Yes, I'm still driving the Volt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello

Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Have you gotten to test drive the Bolt first prior to ordering it at all? Get a feel for how the seat fits and what not?
No, I didn't have an opportunity to test one yet. Originally the plan was that the dealer was going to order some to have in stock in July for Illinois residents and were going to let me test drive one as soon as it got in. They had been told by GM they couldn't order for or sell to Iowa residents until the vehicle was rolled out in Iowa. Now that GM moved up the schedule they were able to order one for me a couple weeks ago and might even have it in next month.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Did you at least get an opportunity to drive a Bolt before putting money down on one? Although I can see why someone would buy even without having done that, i'm always curious as to what motivated someone to buy.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ah, that's always a tough one when you don't get to test drive it. To be honest, I found the drive of it was great. A bit stiffer than I had anticipated but really not bad at all. It's just the seat that seems to be a hit or miss for people. Other than that, I doubt you really have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ah, that's always a tough one when you don't get to test drive it. To be honest, I found the drive of it was great. A bit stiffer than I had anticipated but really not bad at all. It's just the seat that seems to be a hit or miss for people. Other than that, I doubt you really have anything to worry about.
Valid point, there's not much like the Bolt out these days. If it the Tesla Model 3 was here and the next Nissan Leaf, those would be up for discussion but right now Chevy has the upper hand.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealer wrote me today that Chevy had contacted them to say that the build date was put back to the week of July 24 and if all goes well the dealer will have it for me early next month.

Reactions: Bazinga
1 - 11 of 11 Posts