Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a reader of this forum but haven’t posted before
Leased a Arctic Blue Premier end of Nov 17 from Quirk Chevrolet. $257/ month, 10k miles per yr. Peviously leased an e-Golf. Love the extra range of the Bolt. The winter temps really cut the range but, I knew that from my Golf experience. Golf had a much classier interior but the Bolt is better in many ways. Have a home stage 2 charger and will soon be getting solar on my home. Will be nice to charge for free while the sun is shining.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! I will be interested to hear comparisons with the e-Golf as you accumulate some miles on the new Bolt. By adding the solar it sounds like you will have a great system. What are the specifications on the solar system and what did you get for $$/watt after incentives?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Bet the blue hue peeking through the silver looks pretty sweet in the sunlight. Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Wonderbolt - The system, on paper, is rated at 6300 kWh. I would not call my solar system cheap but the Federal rebate, State rebate of $1000, and being able to sell the SREC’s will help with the cost. My electric bill this winter is far higher charging the Bolt than it was for the eGolf. I’ve taken a 115 mile trip in the Bolt that I never would have attempted in the eGolf. Hate the quirky shifter of the Bolt as the eGolf shifter was exactly like the ICE car version with no extra buttons to push to shift or put in reverse.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
To Wonderbolt - The system, on paper, is rated at 6300 kWh. I would not call my solar system cheap but the Federal rebate, State rebate of $1000, and being able to sell the SREC’s will help with the cost. My electric bill this winter is far higher charging the Bolt than it was for the eGolf. I’ve taken a 115 mile trip in the Bolt that I never would have attempted in the eGolf. Hate the quirky shifter of the Bolt as the eGolf shifter was exactly like the ICE car version with no extra buttons to push to shift or put in reverse.
Agreed, the shifter is clunky and honestly not that ergonomic, but I assure you you will get used to it and it will soon become a non issue. I hated it at first too, but now I don't even think about it. Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Been a reader of this forum but haven’t posted before
Leased a Arctic Blue Premier end of Nov 17 from Quirk Chevrolet. $257/ month, 10k miles per yr. Peviously leased an e-Golf. Love the extra range of the Bolt. The winter temps really cut the range but, I knew that from my Golf experience. Golf had a much classier interior but the Bolt is better in many ways. Have a home stage 2 charger and will soon be getting solar on my home. Will be nice to charge for free while the sun is shining.
How was your experience with Quirk Chevrolet? They are going to notify me when their next shipment of Bolts arrive sometime in August as they are out of stock right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts