Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Gaithersburg, MD! My wife and I brought home our brand new Orange Burst Metallic Bolt EV Premier last week and are thrilled with it. It's our very first EV (EV or hybrid) - I've always had ICE vehicles. We're looking forward to learning about all the benefits and the challenges that come with driving a car such as this. The car is so smooth and quiet to drive, not to mention fun with that instant-on torque!

I've already been in touch with a local electrician to build out a 60 amp sub-panel / 50 AMP circuit (NEMA 14-50) for my new Clipper Creek EVSE that should be arriving today from Amazon.

I look forward to learning from and contributing to this forum. I've already spoken to several Bolt owners here in Maryland (via the FB group), one of which is a police office and drives a police vehicle that is a Bolt. How cool is that?!

·
Registered
739 Posts
a 60 amp sub-panel / 50 AMP circuit (NEMA 14-50) for my new Clipper Creek EVSE that should be arriving today from Amazon.
Welcome to the forum. I have learned a great deal from the members of this forum, so I am sure you will enjoy it. Your 60 amp circuit certainly future-proofs you, although you probably are already aware that the Bolt is limited to pulling no more than 32 amps while charging at 240/208 volts.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hyattsville MD is to be congratulated. Although mostly for show, it supports the concept.

The Los Angeles PD bought ~40 BMWi3 REX (80 mile all-electric range, 2 gallon gas Range EXtender) vehicles for use in their soon-to-be-established "no ICE" zone. (The i3 qualifies as its gas engine runs a generator, not the wheels.) They should have waited for the Bolt. It would have served them much better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts