Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for a test drive out of pure curiosity and ended up buying a Bolt Premier last Monday. We've only had it less than a week, so the net problems so far are, in Minnesota, winter drops the driving range a lot, no surprise, and living on a dirt road messes up the cameras rather quickly. I'll have to find them so I can clean them. The Android version of myChevrolet is seriously brain damaged, but it wasn't even known about when we bought the car. Still suffering from range anxiety since our nearest public charging station is about 40 miles away, but I think we'll be fine after we get the 220v charger installed. That and discovering how to turn off the hilltop reserve.

So far we think it's a very cool car. The fit & finish is a bit sparse for the price, which we got well below the "employee's price", but adequate.

I was a bit floored when I went through the scheduled maintenance table. There's almost nothing there.

I think the only concern at this point is up here in the north-lands, the late afternoon sun angle is really low. Would love ideas on add-on sun visors. :)

So far, this forum has been extremely helpful and I would like to thank all the members for sharing their experiences.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations from Greater Vancouver, Canada.

We don't get the snow that other parts of Canada and the north-eastern US does, but the temperatures do go down to about freezing at night here sometimes. Yes, there is some degradation of range. For me, it's not an issue: my daily driving/commute averages around 60 km (40 mi) per day, and I have a level 2 at home--no range anxiety whatsoever. The farthest I've gone in one day locally is about 150 km (almost 100 mi) just this past week, and I still had lots and lots of battery capacity left (more than 60%) ... and that's after heating the cabin.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I think the only concern at this point is up here in the north-lands, the late afternoon sun angle is really low. Would love ideas on add-on sun visors.
The extending sun visors that come with the Volt will fit into the Bolt with just a simple modification of the mounting plate. This thread describes how to do it. I've installed them in my Bolt and they work great when the sun is coming in through the driver's side window at about the 8 to 9 o'clock position relative to your heading. You just swing the visor to the side and pull it back to block the sun perfectly.

I believe some people have also gotten visors from the Cruz to fit, although if I recall correctly the Cruz only has an extending visor on the driver's side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts