Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired my Bolt last Saturday, and love it! Right now I'm trying to decide how best to carry my bicycle. My road bike will completely fit in the vehicle without removing the front wheel, but that might just be tempting a thief to smash the windows. Also considering a hitch rack.

Here's my bolt on her maiden voyage.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I always transport a single bike in the car, unless I have passengers in the back. You can throw a blanket over it to conceal it.

If there's more than 1 bike or passengers, I used a hitch mounted rack.

FYI- I don't own a Bolt and am speaking from my experience with transporting bikes in other vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
I just acquired my Bolt last Saturday, and love it! Right now I'm trying to decide how best to carry my bicycle. My road bike will completely fit in the vehicle without removing the front wheel, but that might just be tempting a thief to smash the windows. Also considering a hitch rack.

Here's my bolt on her maiden voyage.
Nice! Another orange LT guy! Welcome to the exclusive club! :D

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,714 Posts
I transport my road bike with the front wheel removed and a cheap tarp (faux canvas, Home Depot, ~$10) under it. I leave the cargo floor flat and push the front passenger seat forward a little. The rear wheel is toward the front and the fork to the back. There is room for the bicycle pump and my gear bag in the back also.

I saw where someone removed the cargo area floor and was able to put his "wheel-on" road bike in his car in an oblique fashion with the rear wheel down in the well and the front wheel atop the folded-down rear seats and against the front seats. (He also got road grime, black tire rubber, and dirty chain ring oil all over his carpet and seat backs!)

I plan to sew four "cord" fasteners to the tarp perimeter. Two loops will engage the "privacy panel" hooks in the rear sidewalls and two plastic "S hook"s will attach to two of the headrest supports in the front to put "sides" & a "front wall" on my tarp. I roll up the tarp dirty-side-in for cargo pit storage and run it (alone) through the wash every two months or so.

Happy driving AND cycling!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts