Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I think I may have the first Bolt in NH. I picked it up this week from a MA dealer and was the first they had sold. Nice to see they have finally made it to the east coast. I am turning in my VW desil next week and the money they are paying me for my 2013 wagon will offset more then half the cost of the Bolt. Love the drive and performance but the info tainment system seems to be abit of a mess. Maybe I was spoiled by the VW system. i like the Apple car intrgration but the Sirius radio stuff is horrible. I am hoping I am just missing a setting someplace. Now I just need to get my home charger installed and I am good to go!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Welcome Thermaddog! Hopefully you can make peace with the Sirius XM. Hopefully it's just a transition from one system to another with a short learning curve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I have about 300 miles on it in the first week. I think the Sirius pain may not go away. The VW unit allowed you to look through your Sirius favorite channels by name not number... and then see what was playing on each one before selecting to listen to it. In this way the passenger or even yourself could play DJ and jump to a channel that is playing a song you like without just scrolling through them and listening to see what is on.. This makes it way more useful then just a list of station numbers. Am I missing something or is this really how it works? and because the head unit also has heating and other control in it you can't add an aftermarket stereo unit. I am foolishly hoping they will allow upgrades to this unit in the future. Otherwise the Apple integration works well and any issues there are on Apple anyway. :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe Chevy will have an update later on for the Sirius system? It's not the best out there, but it is working so that may not be on their priority list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts