Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Hello From North Texas

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  astricklin 
#1 ·
I have made a few posts and realized that I should probably do this to put out a little more info about myself.
I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and have been an owner of fuel efficient vehicles for many years. I purchased a 2003 New Beetle tdi and I absolutely loved it. I also have a 2008 Smart fortwo and a 2013 Prius C.
I have been extremely interested in the Leaf since it was originally announced, but I have a daily commute of 100 miles round trip and although there are charging stations along my route, adding an additional 30-45 minutes for a charge is really not a good option.
The Bolt has sparked my interest as it should meet my needs and will be available sooner than a Model 3 (which realistically will be much more expensive than the Bolt).

#2 ·
I like the Prius C, but it is based on the yaris and is a bit small. We were shopping it against other hatchbacks and the Prius won out of over the new generation Honda fit although the Honda has a bit more interior space. It is also not very comfortable, especially compared to the VW. It can get upwards of 60mpg, but with the speed limits on the freeway around here, 70 mph is the norm (or faster). The fuel economy really starts dropping above 60 mph and so I usually average about 45 mpg.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I'm actually really interested in the Model 3 after having seen the Model 3 and Model X on the road. But one thing that pulls me away from them is knowing that going for a Chevy, it's coming from a big brand that has been around for a very long time, that alone puts a lot of confidence in the product for when issues arise.

#4 ·
I unfortunately do not have the financial means for an $80k+ car, and even if I did, convincing the wife that is is a good idea is a whole other thing. If I did however, I would purchase a Tesla in a heartbeat. I have never been a huge GM fan and would much prefer a Ford if going domestic, however the Bolt is here now (or soon) and not several years away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.