Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My new Bolt should be loading up onto a truck in San Francisco today, and hopefully I will have it on Sunday. As soon as it arrives, I will be turning in my 2012 Nissan Leaf, which I leased new, and actually extended the lease twice. It has been a slow process getting everything taken care of buying from a dealership in California. However, the payoff is almost here.

Looking forward to seeing how the ride matches up against my Leaf. Simply put, the Leaf was my favorite car I've owned so far. Hope the Bolt equals or exceeds it! Oh, by the way...anyone else from Ohio...?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It is insane the California can't see cars in state with all the subsidies that we have and are shipping to states like Ohio... Congrats on the car! Are there any incentives in Ohio besides the federal credit? The Bolt will outperform the Leaf in almost every category except for the front seats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No state credit or incentives. And since I'm buying, I have to wait until next year's taxes to see the federal credit.

So, the front seats are not as comfy? Or are you referring to the heated seats? The Leaf is very comfortable. Glad to hear those who have driven both compare the Bolt favorably!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The seats are extremely narrow and don't have much cushioning. Some people say they are very comfy and some people like myself find lawn chairs more comfortable. Take a look at the threads about the seats. If they are bad for you there is an easy fix for the bottom part of the seat, but I am still working on a fix for the top part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, WWM! I'm an Ohio native, so it's exciting to see another Ohioan here on the forums. I already have the Ohio flag decal on my rear window!

Do you think you have the first one in the state, aside from any being driven around by GM employees?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Seat comfort is going to be subjective, you may love it, you may hate it, you may be alright and just not really care too much (the category I fall into) but other than that, I'm sure you'll find the Bolt much better ! ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to get one shipped to Cincinnati.
Do you mind sharing your shipping expense?
Would it be cheaper to buy from a closer state?

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Autotrader shows 12 Bolts within 300 miles of Cincinnati. You could get a one way flight in the morning, and hopefully be home for bedtime if the route back has SAE DCFC. I've done a one-way flight to get a car a couple times and it's worked well. Whether it's worth it financially I can't say, you'll need to contact each dealer for their best price and consider all the costs.

If you're not pressed for time, maybe you get a one-way car rental, and turn it into a long weekend away from home with family or a friend.

I see Feldman Chevrolet near Detroit has 3 in stock.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That sounds like fun to me. An adventure with a reward at the end of it... I think that may be how I make my next purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered mine last November or December when only CA and OR had them. I ordered mine custom from
Stewart's allotment. Shipping is costing me $900 even.

Is the Detroit dealer the one the Michigan thread said buyers would owe the shipping? I wonder if its the same guy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts