Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just signed up to the forum last night. I've just put money down on a Bolt Premiere this Saturday and I'm excited to get my hands on one. But now the wait for delivery....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome! I hope to order mine this week too!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did dealer give any indication of possible build date ? How many Bolts was dealer allocated..
I was one of the last 3 spots left in the Dealers allotment and I ordered the car this past Saturday. They are advising customers from this allotment that their best guess is 10-12 weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be quicker, but it's hard to say. The demand is extremely high for the Bolt right now and I'm sure the plant is inundated with orders. I ordered the Premier with all the options in Cajun Red. I'm hoping getting one fully loaded in that colour doesn't delay the build time.

Wainair - I ordered mine from Dean Myers in Toronto - last I heard they still had 2 spots left in their allotment. They might be gone now that the auto show is on, but if not, you might want to pull the trigger quick!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Spitfire, I've been dealing with Frost up in Brampton. I'm not sure where they stand with their allotment but the last time I was talking to them the were estimating 10-12 weeks too. So fingers crossed I'll have my name on a list tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
10-12 weeks is definitely a good amount of time to build anxiety. I'm in Ontario as well but haven't even gone to inquire on ordering one unfortunately, but if 10-12 weeks is the time slot.. I can brace myself for what to expect I guess.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see some members here in the forums have been able to obtain either an order number, or vin # or something to be able to contact Chevy directly to check in periodically to see where their order is at. I need to figure out how to do that so I'm not calling the dealer every two weeks. Lol. Any one know what I need in order to contact Chevy about my order?

Also, I'm obviously in the market for a home charger now - I was given www.timetoelectrify.ca . Have any of you sourced any others out here in Canada yet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered at the end of January and still have not got a build date so have no VIN number and have not been told the order number. I may ask about that. MY dealer in Uxbridge ON said they were only assigned one Bolt. So far I have been told to expect late May or June before delivery.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You may get a phone call from a Bolt Adviser when it gets closer to your delivery date. If you have an order number try calling GM, they might set you up with an Adviser early. I think they are still doing the Adviser program like they did with the Volt.

Anyone out there please correct me if I'm wrong!

I already have a 240v charge cord for my Volt so I'm not sure what all the latest home chargers are like. I got mine in 2011.

Oh and I put money down today to get my Bolt! Premier Kinetic Blue with Dark Galvanized Grey interior! I got the Upgraded infotainment and the Drivers Confidence package too! So loaded!!

They said they still had 3 cars left in their allotment and expect my car to be delivered around the end of April, start of May! I'm pumped!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leland - I hope it's not as late as June! My dealer speculated at 10-12 weeks which puts me April/May, but until I hear from Chevy direct about a TPW I won't hold my breath. :)

wainair - Awesome! You Leland and I can all rub our hands together in eager anticipation of when we'll receive ours.

I did just find out that the home chargers come with a 50% rebate on purhcase price and a 50% rebate on installation. That's about $1000 in more savings for us!

Here's the link : http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/charging-incentive-program.shtml

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in BC and ordered my Bolt as soon as I could at the beginning of December. It has been 12 weeks and no Bolts have been delivered to BC yet. I am anxiously awaiting delivery. I got my order number from the dealer and every other week I contact GM Canada through online Chat and get an update on my order. So far there is still no TPD for my order. I ordered and received a charger from Roulez Electrique (http://evandmore.com/collections/frontpage/products/charging-station-240-evduty). They sell the Elmec EVDUTY-40 and it ships out of Trois-Rivieres Quebec. The unit seems well built and once I get my Bolt I will let you know how well it performs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in BC and ordered my Bolt as soon as I could at the beginning of December. It has been 12 weeks and no Bolts have been delivered to BC yet. I am anxiously awaiting delivery. I got my order number from the dealer and every other week I contact GM Canada through online Chat and get an update on my order. So far there is still no TPD for my order. I ordered and received a charger from Roulez Electrique (http://evandmore.com/collections/frontpage/products/charging-station-240-evduty). They sell the Elmec EVDUTY-40 and it ships out of Trois-Rivieres Quebec. The unit seems well built and once I get my Bolt I will let you know how well it performs.
I suspect your distance from Detroit is probably delaying your Bolt's delivery. But if customers from Ontario are driving around in theirs already, yours shouldn't be too far behind. I'm envious though - you'll get yours much sooner than I do! I've ordered only 4 days ago and the wait is already killing me! lolol. :D

Do you guys get a decent rebate in BC? And do you get a rebate on your home charger? I'm looking at the EVDuty as well. I like that it's made here in Canada.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered mine January 3rd in oakville. i was the 5th order out of the dealer allocated 7 bolts.
I was told Mid May possibly later. I just checked with the dealer and only 1 bolt has been delivered to them, the 1st customer ordered in November.!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered mine January 3rd in oakville. i was the 5th order out of the dealer allocated 7 bolts.
I was told Mid May possibly later. I just checked with the dealer and only 1 bolt has been delivered to them, the 1st customer ordered in November.!
Well that's not good news for a timely delivery. :( I saw a video where Chevy said they are outputting 200 Bolts a day at their facility. The unknown number is how many have been ordered prior to us. I'm guessing it's substantial. I'm still waiting on an order number from my dealer which I would have thought was generated the second they placed my order. Will wait for the number and then contact Chevy.

Jerryletual - do you have your order number from the dealer? If you do, you can use the Chat feature on the Chevy.ca website (under contact us) and they'll tell you the status of your order.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woot woot! Finally got an order number from the dealership and contacted Chevy. No build date yet. Dangit. But at least I got an order number to keep checking in with Chevy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
To update :I ordered mine on Jan 3 , this week my car is scheduled for production as of April 3.
Not sure the time frame from production to delivery, but so far its been a total of 15 weeks since ordering.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see some members here in the forums have been able to obtain either an order number, or vin # or something to be able to contact Chevy directly to check in periodically to see where their order is at. I need to figure out how to do that so I'm not calling the dealer every two weeks. Lol. Any one know what I need in order to contact Chevy about my order?

Also, I'm obviously in the market for a home charger now - I was given www.timetoelectrify.ca . Have any of you sourced any others out here in Canada yet?
all you need is the order number from the dealership. then go to chevrolet.ca and open a chat session and give themthe order number. they can tell you where your car is in queue. I check this way every few weeks, since my dealership has yet to officially update me.

as for chargers, i ended up going with elmec.ca for a charger. but you can check autochargers.ca for some options. flo.ca has chargers as well.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Woot woot! Finally got an order number from the dealership and contacted Chevy. No build date yet. Dangit. But at least I got an order number to keep checking in with Chevy!
Hopefully you get in on a good batch because there's always that potential for some production ranges to have problems but so far things have been going well. Keep us posted on **** arrival

1 - 20 of 73 Posts