Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I took delivery of a Kinetic Blue Metallic Premier Bolt this week and are going to take it up to the our cabin tomorrow. I'm interested to see how this little EV does going 140 miles from an elevation of 1100 ft to 7400 ft in 30/40 degree weather.
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Congratulations. Welcome aboard. Good luck with your trip. Should do fine as long as you don't also drive 90 mph up the mountain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure your right. I'll be installing a L2 charger when I get up there because the 110v will take days to charge for the return trip. My other EV is a 2014 Chevy Spark that I manage to get 85-92 miles daily (Highway driving) out of a single charge so hopefully my driving technique will work on this car.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Welcome aboard! Do you have an EVSE up there, or you hoping to regen most of the way down? I once drove from Beckley, WV, elevation 2500’ MSL, to Huntington, WV, elevation 500’ MSL, a distance of 100 miles. I started with 90 miles of estimated range, and ended with 40 miles still in the batts. I gained 50 range miles in 2000 feet of descent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be installing a L2 when I get up there. 3.8kwh so its not super fast but its better than the 110v.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I made from Peoria to Happy Jack (Total 137 miles) in 2hours 34 minutes with 55miles to spare. This car is going to be a lot of fun

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured I would wrap up this thread with return data. Happy Jack to Peoria (Total 139 miles) in 2 hours 12 minutes and had 126 left on the battery. It was 22 degrees outside when I started and 63 degrees when I arrived home. I only used heated seats and steering wheel so it was chilly for the first hour of the trip.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I made from Peoria to Happy Jack (Total 137 miles) in 2hours 34 minutes with 55miles to spare. This car is going to be a lot of fun
Thanks for posting this info. Your numbers are very reassuring. We have a vacation home that is 130 miles away, and requires that we ascend about 4500' to get over the Cascades at Santiam Pass. Your experience suggests that we should be able to make the trip with no problem, provided we start out with a full charge. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts