Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We bought our Bolt as our very first EV about a month ago from a local dealer and I've been reading the forum since well before then. Thanks everyone, for all the helpful topics and sharing your experiences. We'd been waiting for an EV with range 200m plus for a long time.
So happy we took the plunge. Everyone in house is enamored with the car, and my kid has dubbed it our "baby car", he's so fond of it, so the moniker has stuck.
Got a Clipper Creek HCS-40 installed a few days ago, so ready to charge into the future.
Look forward to talking to you all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the bolt. I was as excited and eager about the bolt too, I still am. Once a week I remind myself I am driving an electric car, wow. Exciting!! Hope the family enjoys ! Have fun !

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. How many miles have you gotten on it so far and how's the seat comfort?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Hello,

We bought our Bolt as our very first EV about a month ago from a local dealer and I've been reading the forum since well before then. Thanks everyone, for all the helpful topics and sharing your experiences. We'd been waiting for an EV with range 200m plus for a long time.
So happy we took the plunge. Everyone in house is enamored with the car, and my kid has dubbed it our "baby car", he's so fond of it, so the moniker has stuck.
Got a Clipper Creek HCS-40 installed a few days ago, so ready to charge into the future.
Look forward to talking to you all.
Welcome to the forums and welcome to the future of motoring! The Bolt is my first EV as well and I'm loving it too. :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DaV8or!

Congratulations on your Bolt! Nice color! We were too wimpy to get the awesome orange color, but I really like it. Our Arctic Blue and the stubby body style remind me a little of a baby whale. Maybe that's where the baby car nickname came from. I'll post a picture after I get it to the car wash. Plates just came last week, so now waiting for HOV lane stickers.

After having driven it for the last month I really do believe these cars and other EVs are the future of motoring. I really enjoy using L mode, in fact the car feels so much smoother driving that way. Next year my commute has a lot of country backroads, so I'm looking forward to that.

I laugh on weekends, because our family just jumps in the Bolt and leaves our other car in the driveway. I hope that more people start to catch on to these cars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. So far seat is comfortable enough for us, but longest we've driven it one way is 70 miles. It was fine then. Mostly a run about town, family ferry. Only 948 miles so far. Next year will be driving 30-50 miles per day. Short commute compared to some of the threads I've seen on this forum!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Posatronic! I like the black, it looks sharp. Yes, it's been a long time coming, and it's so exciting to finally be there. Enjoy your EV too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts