Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2017 Bolt EV Premier this Saturday. We added the Bolt to our EV fleet, to go along side our 2013 Nisan Leaf. We test drove the i3, considered another Leaf, but the Bolt really surprised us. I read a lot when they first came out, but was nervous about what kind of car GM could put out after the Gen 1 Volt. I have to say, with the exception of a few minor things, they really hit it out of the park with the Bolt. The range and handling of this car really set it apart, which is what really surprised. Living in WA, which seems like the center of the EV world, you still don't see that many Bolts, which is surprising considering how much value they offer considering the range difference between it and the Leaf. Regardless, love the new Bolt so far and looking forward to everyone's stories.

Jim

Reactions: calpolyarc

·
Registered
195 Posts
:DFor many years, I never considered a American branded car. Just too many foreign options. Now, we have two out of three GM vehicles. Both are solid vehicles. I still have my 2012 Prius Plug In, had a leased BMW i3. I'm 100% satisfied with my Chevy Bolt. I have the EV that best meets my current daily driver needs.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Welcome aboard from a first time EV owner/user. I love my Kinetic Blue Premier and learn something new about it each day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome Jim! I live in Maple Valley so hopefully we'll see each other around! We have a black BEV, what color is yours? There's an EV meetup on 9/17 in Issaquah, I won't be there but 3 other BEV's are signed up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have the black as well. Consider a Black on Black by replacing the Silver Front "grill" with the black one and going black emblems, but that will come a little down the road.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why yes, just like that in fact. Did you do the swap or go with a plastic dip some are using. I saw a post a bit ago about it taking longer, just wasn't sure which route you ended up going.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Why yes, just like that in fact. Did you do the swap or go with a plastic dip some are using. I saw a post a bit ago about it taking longer, just wasn't sure which route you ended up going.
I ended up using vinyl because I wanted to match the paint as close as possible and the plasti dip has a matte finish. If you want to swap grills with Jostafew I'm sure he'll do it!! He lives in Vancouver and would meet halfway, he really wants the grey one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like there is a fair amount of work getting the lower part off. I may have to wait until I can get a hold of a service manual or other instructions so I don't screw up any of the sensors in the front. I might check with my dealer to see what they would hit me for to do it. Where did you get your Bolt?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went north for mine. Lee Johnson in Kirkland.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts