Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, last week I placed orders and paid deposits for both 2018 Volt and 2018 Bolt. The Volt is for my wife, I'm getting the Bolt. The dealer told me the Volt should be built in August and delivered in September, while the Bolt in December and delivered in January 2018...Long wait ahead...

Both cars are LT, added the Bose sound system for Volt and comfort and convenience packages for Bolt. I wish I could add the sound system for Bolt without upgrading to Premiere...There is no pricing for 2018 yet, both bills of sale are preliminary, with 2017 prices.

Also bought a 32 amp ChargePoint EVSE, which I'll have installed closer to the Volt delivery date. Exciting times!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums. That definitely is quite a wait, but hey.. at least you got something to look forward to for next year!

What are you both currently driving?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kia Sportage 2013 (wife) and Dodge Journey 2012 (me). Never owned an EV before, actually couldn't even test drive the Bolt - there aren't any available in Ontario.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
So this should be very different for you guys! The Canadian International Auto Show actually had a program going on there where you could test drive a Bolt, that was the only one I was able to test drive as well

·
Registered
355 Posts
Kia Sportage 2013 (wife) and Dodge Journey 2012 (me). Never owned an EV before, actually couldn't even test drive the Bolt - there aren't any available in Ontario.
I suggest you take a trip across the falls and test drive one at a dealer in NY state.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome! The wait may seem like forever but once your Bolt is here you will be delighted with both cars! I just took delivery of my Bolt after ordering it in February and I am over the moon satisfied with it!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry that GM is such butt heads and won't sell Bolts to those that really want them now, but I guess that's how it goes. I wouldn't worry about the test drive, they drive great, you won't be disappointed. I would highly recommend you go sit in one though. The front seats really don't work for some people. Others are fine with them. It seems the seats are the only deal killer about the Bolt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I went and test drove both the Bolt and Volt today.
First of all, I must say I was quite impressed with the Bolt: it really is a lot of fun to drive. In sport mode, my daughter screamed in the back when I floored the acceleration! Also cool how it slows down in L mode, it truly is a one-pedal experience. Very surprised by the roominess inside, there's almost as much room in the back as in my Dodge Journey. I didn't have any issues with the front seat, it kind of wraps around nicely on the sides. The staff there warned me about it, one guy even said he cancelled his Bolt order because of the front seat. It does feel a little narrower than other cars and I could see how it may be an issue for some body types, but fortunately enough I'm ok (I'm 6'2 and fairly slim).
As for the Volt, I'd say the driving experience is closer to a regular gasoline engine car. I liked the interior, less room than in the Bolt, definitely not a people hauler, but enough for a commuter car and the occasional passengers, which is exactly what my wife needs. Still fun to drive, enough power and all the tech in the dash is there.
All in all, both my wife and I were very pleased with what we saw, especially after ordering the cars without a test drive :). Our 11 year old daughter is now quite excited too once she felt the whiplash in the Bolt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts