Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Bolt on order... we'll see!
I'm a retired EE. My house has over 10K of PV and an electric will mean my gas bills are gone!

I'm curious about problems the new Bolt might have and maybe I should wait for the 2018?

All advice considered.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Rob.... Is your Bolt dealer a "Participating Dealer" in the $2,000 NY Drive Clean Rebate Program?

You can't get the $2,000 off at the point of sale if your dealer isn't on the Participating Dealer list...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on pulling the trigger. So far I haven't seen any updates on what the 2018 model will bring so it's hard to say if there will be any changes applied to it

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Have a Bolt on order... we'll see!
I'm a retired EE. My house has over 10K of PV and an electric will mean my gas bills are gone!

I'm curious about problems the new Bolt might have and maybe I should wait for the 2018?

All advice considered.
Welcome to the forums! It's always sound advice to wait for the second version of anything, but the Bolt seems pretty solid and who knows how long some of the financial incentives will last? The biggest issue so far seems to be whether or not you find the seats comfortable. A test drive should resolve that concern. There have been some hiccups and warranty claims, but nothing that shows a pattern, or weak spot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had mine for 2 days short of a month. So so far no problems. Very impressed with it. I did have a problem with my iphone 6+ dropping Bluetooth to car. Turns out it it seems to be Tile key fob finder on key chain and in wallet causing it. Had 14 Volt which I loved this is all as good so far. I do wish while on Bluetooth the head unit would would show text notifications like my Volt but person at GM infotainment says the unit in these cars doesn't offer that. I think thats a thing of the past due to concerns about distracted driving. The car is very tight in fact there's a guy YouTube who reviewed the car and owns Tesla Model S says it is significantly tighter and better fit than his Model S. Even after the sevice center went through his Model S twice for rattles. Its like half the cost.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Had mine for 2 days short of a month. So so far no problems. Very impressed with it. I did have a problem with my iphone 6+ dropping Bluetooth to car. Turns out it it seems to be Tile key fob finder on key chain and in wallet causing it. Had 14 Volt which I loved this is all as good so far. I do wish while on Bluetooth the head unit would would show text notifications like my Volt but person at GM infotainment says the unit in these cars doesn't offer that. I think thats a thing of the past due to concerns about distracted driving. The car is very tight in fact there's a guy YouTube who reviewed the car and owns Tesla Model S says it is significantly tighter and better fit than his Model S. Even after the sevice center went through his Model S twice for rattles. Its like half the cost.
Welcome to the Forums Bolt57! Thanks for the owner review. This kind of stuff is so valuable to people thinking about buying a Bolt. I feel like we need some kind of long term owner's review type thread that is stickied so that people can report back again and again over the years.

P.S.- How dare you imply that in any way a Tesla is inferior to a Chevy!!! That kind of talk will get your EV Club Card revoked! :laugh:;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts